Set the time the screen locks after sleep

ScarySulley

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I was playing around with my Nexus phone last week when I first got it. I was messing the screen sleep settings. I could have sworn there was option either associated with that or somewhere in the settings where it asked you how long it would take for the phone to lock the screen after it went to sleep.

OS = Jelly Bean

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my RAZR Maxx, it's under Settings/Security/Automatically lock

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Hans pattni

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes! what I found out was my phone didn't have the feature on, it had no lock screen AT ALL on (derp).

What I did find out though, is that when you set up a pattern line lock, the timer setting automatically appears.
The timer setting does not appear without any type of lock as it would be pointless

(opposed to 4.2 when Google allowed you to use the feature without a lock screen)

Google still should tell us of the changes they make, even the helpful ones :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Razr Maxx is still on 4.1.2, and the automatically lock timer option doesn't show up if you choose "No Lock" or "Slide"--it only shows up if you choose PIN, Pattern, or Face Unlock (which makes sense, as you mention). Are you sure there was an automatically lock timer on 4.2 even without a lock screen? Because not setting a lock screen means there's nothing to automatically lock to.

Hans pattni

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for late reply, I'm positive as I never put locks on my phone (risky motherf**ker). This being said, perhaps your RAZR Maxx did not allow it because of the Motorola skin?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87