Trying to merge 3 phones to 1 - have a few questions

kf4qhk

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have an old RadioShack plan - $20 per month for 750 A/T minutes, unlimited M2M (Verizon to Verizon) and have added $5 per 250 text. I used to get 600 for free, but, they dropped that option when I did an ESN change once.

I really want to keep Verizon.

I have a Sprint phone too that's $20 for 3,000 minutes.

I want to have both #s on one phone.

I am thinking about Page Plus ($55 for Unlimited Talk/Text and 2 GB of data.) I an also add 2 GB (to my Verizon) for $30 a month (because I am grandfathered in.)

I now work for a state agency that gives me a 15% discount (if my plan is above $34.99 a month - it's not worth it, I don't think.)

I need more than 750 minutes.

I just read about some apps that use WiFi and Data to power Google Voice - and a minute is 1.2 MB. I have Wi-Fi at home, but, travel some. If in Wi-Fi, I could talk for free. The app is called GooVe IP.

I was also told last night that I could get an app called TextPlus, which would allow me to send/receive texts as data.

I'd rather keep Verizon (Sprint works ok in some my area, but, not in all.)

Any thoughts on the best option for me?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You can actually link your sprint number with google voice, so you can not only text using a mobile data connection, you can text from your phone number on any computer.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Other than Google going down or screwing up, there shouldn't be. I have a few Google Voice numbers linked to a few phones, and I've never had any problems.