Does anyone know how to correct the google hangout pictures?

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to correct the google hangout pictures? I have a contact that has the correct picture in my phone but when it comes to the google hangout application and on the web it shows the picture of another friend of mine. I have tried everything I know to do. 1) Reset the picture for that contact on my phone. 2). Look for "hidden" contacts to see if he is in there. 3). Looked for a way to change it on google hangouts.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT.

If you are experiencing the same issue. Go into gmail on your computer. Then switch it to looking at your contacts.

Start typing the name in the search bar. You will probably see two entries for this person just like I did. Find the incorrect one and then clear the photo. I then just merged the two contacts together an that fixed the issue.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know how to correct the google hangout pictures? I have a contact that has the correct picture in my phone but when it comes to the google hangout application and on the web it shows the picture of another friend of mine. I have tried everything I know to do. 1) Reset the picture for that contact on my phone. 2). Look for "hidden" contacts to see if he is in there. 3). Looked for a way to change it on google hangouts.

Any help is appreciated.

If you are experiencing the same issue. Go into gmail on your computer. Then switch it to looking at your contacts.

Start typing the name in the search bar. You will probably see two entries for this person just like I did. Find the incorrect one and then clear the photo. I then just merged the two contacts together an that fixed the issue.

garfnodie

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
So I just started having this problem. Looked in my contacts, only one entry for the person, and I have manually set a picture, even though there is a G+ account associated with the contact, I still use my own picture. On Hangouts app on phone (Stock Rooted GS4), it shows the picture I set, but on web, it shows the picture of some other person of the same name. Not someone I'm friends with anywhere either.
jim_contant_picture_android_app.jpgjim_contant_picture_web.jpg

arcadesdude

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Your fix worked for me too thank you. I recognized the contact as a friend I have on Google plus and Facebook but not in my general Google contacts. It was strange seeing the profile picture on another contact.

Any help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa