(First Android Phone!) - Custom Lockscreen

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Recently joined the forum and as of today I am a proud (I think) owner of a Verizon GS4. I'm quite tech saavy so moving from my jailbroken 4s (and all iPhone before) hasn't been too terrible. I loaded up the Nova Launcher and it made things a little more familiar and I managed to get all my apps from my iPhone so I'm feeling at home.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get a particular lock-screen, or a variant of it. I loved "Jelly Lock" on my iPhone and I knew it was Android based. However, I've only found a handful of downloadable variants of it on the Play Store and they all have spotty reviews. I love the large minimalist clock as is, I would just like the ability to launch my music apps and camera from the lockscreen like I was with my iPhone tweak. Help!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Recently joined the forum and as of today I am a proud (I think) owner of a Verizon GS4. I'm quite tech saavy so moving from my jailbroken 4s (and all iPhone before) hasn't been too terrible. I loaded up the Nova Launcher and it made things a little more familiar and I managed to get all my apps from my iPhone so I'm feeling at home.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get a particular lock-screen, or a variant of it. I loved "Jelly Lock" on my iPhone and I knew it was Android based. However, I've only found a handful of downloadable variants of it on the Play Store and they all have spotty reviews. I love the large minimalist clock as is, I would just like the ability to launch my music apps and camera from the lockscreen like I was with my iPhone tweak. Help!

The Jelly Lock app for the iPhone is based off the AOSP Jelly Bean lockscreen. As far as the Galaxy S4 is concerned, you cannot change lockscreen shortcuts as TouchWiz's lockscreen doesn't run under the exact same unlock mechanism. You need to either root and ROM your phone with an AOSP-based custom ROM or you can try out this lockscreen application, which will let you use a custom lockscreen you can customize with different unlock sliders and widgets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&hl=en

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

You can only have short cuts if you have no password on your phone. go in to setting>my device> lock screen> shortcuts and turn it on then pick and choose your short cuts. But again only if you do not have any security on your lock screen.