Moving music from desktop

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to buy a new sd card for my razr and I am having a problem transferring music to my phone.. Every time I try to move all 1400 songs it wants to pull every sound on the computer (about 2300 total)... How do i fix this? I could drag and drop the each song, Is there a better way? I hate having extra sounds in my power amp app...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you transferring? I think the easiest way would be to plug the SD card into your desktop, then use Windows Explorer to copy your entire Music folder over, which should include all subfolders (and therefore, all music). You shouldn't have any system sounds in the Music folder. After you're done copying, then simply insert the SD card into your Razr, and wait a few minutes as the Media Scanner finishes scanning for files on the SD. They should then show up in Google Music (select "Music on Device") or any other music app you have.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to buy a new sd card for my razr and I am having a problem transferring music to my phone.. Every time I try to move all 1400 songs it wants to pull every sound on the computer (about 2300 total)... How do i fix this? I could drag and drop the each song, Is there a better way? I hate having extra sounds in my power amp app...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was going to suggest the same thing. I typically pull the SD card out and plug it into the PC. Even doing it that way is faster than via the cable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could also move them wirelessly using an app like AirDroid. Might take longer, depending on the speed of your wifi connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch