messaging problem

Jezreel Seroy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!i just bought a s4 but i have a problem in my messaging..when i write a message and tried to put picture i cant find the paper clip icon on my keyboard and i ask my friend to send me one and he said he cant.I also tried to send by going in to gallery by share via but the messaging icon is missing。

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have an S4, but this is a screenshot I found on the web:

Galaxy_S4_screenshot_34-210-100.jpg

Does it look like that when you're entering a message? The paper clip should be on the right side of the text box, not part of the keyboard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the phone brand new or used? Also, is your 4G or 3G mobile data on? If you're only on wifi, text messaging generally can't send media like photos or videos.

Jezreel Seroy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Its brand new and yes my mobile data is always on。ever since i bought this phone I didn't change anything and by the way it is also like this to my dads phone we bought the phone at the same time。

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
MMSes (if oyu got GSM carrier) should work regardless if you have data or not, carriers usually have separate APN just for MMS. So i recommend you to check if you got APN configuration for MMS from your carrier (in most carriers you can request configuration SMS from carrier website, in my Orange it sends configuration everytime it detect that you have new phone)

Or else you got CDMA carrier (Verozion/Sprint), then things are diffrent i susspect (as i don't know how CDMA works in this topic)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez