Glass Screen Parted Company from LCD on Samsung Galaxy Note 11

cjjatpuresilica

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I managed to drop my Samsung briefly in water today. It seemed to work OK at first until I took the back cover off and saw it was wet inside. Anyway I did a stupid thing and in my haste to try and fix it I dried it on a radiator. When this didn't fix it, I tried to remove the screen and LCD as per the numerous instructions on the internet except because of prior heating the glue between the glass and the LCD came undone and I have not been able to get the LDC part out. I did not fully pull the glass off and at the moment the glass goes back in place OK as the adhesive appears permanently softened. The phone still boots OK, log on music etc. but no screen at all now as I have obviously damaged it in the process of trying to pry it apart.

Can anyone please advise how I can safely remove the glass and LCD for at the moment the chrome bezel is bending but little else?

I wish to God I had not touched it now but I cannot find any advice as to how to dissemble when the glass has come unstuck.

Any meaningful, practical advice please?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Prac tical advice is to stop destroying the phone and take it to a reputable repair shop or to Samsung and have it fixed. The more you do, the more damage you're going to cause. You've done just about everything opposite of how you should have done it, from leaving the battery in a wet phone to heating the phone to pulling the screen assembly apart. The more you try to do yourself, the more it's going to cost you to get all the damage you've done fixed.