Why is my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's screen black?

Sadistic_heroine

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's screen is black.

But it seems to be reponding whenever I press the home button. Anyone have a solution to my problem? I tried to restart it, maybe I didn't hold the power button long enough..

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's screen is black.

I guess my first question is does it light up at all? Maybe during power up, and then go dark. You know your device, is there anyway you can tell if the device is actually accepting inputs on the screen? For example you could try making a call, you know where your dialer is when your phone is first powered on, and about where the last call is located at the top of the dialer, or you could swipe to the right and touch just about anywhere along the middle of the screen to call someone. If the screen is responding there are only two things I can think of; The first is that your LED/LCD has died. Overheating could cause this if you've ever noticed the phone becoming hot during charging or when an app runs, and water/moisture of course. The other is a bit out there but by far the more desirable is that the screen is dimmed too dim to see. While they build in safeties to prevent this I've found apps that can override this and potentially make the phone difficult or impossible to use simply because the screen is too dark to see the display. On your quick settings screen, swipe down from the top, touch the upper right hand corner, can you remember where your display setting is located. Touching it one or two times should restore your brightness. Heck even if you can't remember where it is I'd just touch everywhere a couple of times because at this point you have little to lose. If you find that nothing returns your display I would take it to a service provider and have a tech look at it. Most likely they will want to factory reset the unit but again at this point I don't see what you have to lose.