Can anyone help me choose a media consumption device?

BboyDfresh

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Need help choosing a media consumption device

So I'm a longtime Apple user and I'm debating on getting an Android. I got a Surface Pro 3 that's basically replaced my iPad as both a productivity and a media consumption device, so I sold it off for 400 and now have that much to spend. I already have an iPhone 5S as just a social device, so I'm looking for more of a media consumption device. I'm a breakdancer so I like to take a lot of videos of myself to see what I need to improve on. I also need Bluetooth so it can connect to my speaker and play soundcloud when I'm training. NFC is a bonus. MicroSD card I would love, but I can live without it. Also preferably one with Android L, since Android is showing a lot of promise. I'm okay buying used, and I HATE Samsung, just not a fan of Touchwiz. Looking for something of a phone-phablet, a Nexus 7 is also acceptable. What is your recommendation for someone new to the Android world? :cool:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help choosing a media consumption device

Welcome to Android Central! You really can't go wrong with a 2013 Nexus 7 (the 2nd gen, not the 1st gen from 2012). The only thing missing is an SD card slot, but the various SD issues that crop up with some regularity on these forums make me shy away from them anyway. If you get a 32 GB N7, the SD card becomes less of an issue. Its performance is still excellent, and the screen is beautiful. Plus, with the Nexus 9 out now, you can probably find some good deals on the N7.

You may also want to consider the Nvidia Shield. Powerful processor, great screen, and it does come with a microSD slot (although it only comes with 16 GB internal storage, I think). It also just got Lollipop, so it looks like Nvidia will be good about system updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699