How to enable Auto Upload from iPhone on Google Drive like Dropbox?

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I'm a big Dropbox user and enabled Auto Upload so my pics show up in Camera Upload on my home computer inside Dropbox. Can similar be done in Google Drive, it seems to be a Manual process to select photos inside Google Drive and upload, is there any way to enable this once to "Auto Backup?"

I see inside Google Plus there is a camera backup, it isn't instant and sometimes is a day behind. But where do the Pictures go, to a cloud and not in Google Drive correct?

Thank you,
Shane

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello Shane,

Unfortunately Camera Upload is NOT currently integrated into Google Drive, it's integrated into Google Photos, and yes, it's been one of the number one complains I've seen from that. From APK teardowns I've seen, however, it seems that the camera upload feature is going to come soon to Google Drive, but nothing official has been announced.

That being said, I've had no issues auto-uploading my pictures into Photos. It is instant depending on your settings (in my case, I've set it so that it only uploads when on WiFi). But they go directly into Google Photos, inside Google+, not into Google Drive (again, that might be chaning soon, hopefully). That means that you can't have a synced folder in your computer, you'd need to manually download them to it from Google+.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The Google+ Photo Upload feature does use your Google Drive storage, but it keeps them in a separate photo-oriented storage view accessible through your Google+ account. You can use the Photos app to view your photos on your phone or go to https://plus.google.com/photos to see them on your computer.

In the photos app if you go to Settings -> Auto Backup you will see a number of options that determine when and how it will upload. I have mine set up upload on any connection but only when my phone is charging, for example. You can set it up to upload as soon as you take a picture though, or only whenever you're on WiFi if you have a limited data plan.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Google+ Photo Upload feature does use your Google Drive storage, but it keeps them in a separate photo-oriented storage view accessible through your Google+ account. You can use the Photos app to view your photos on your phone or go to https://plus.google.com/photos to see them on your computer.

In the photos app if you go to Settings -> Auto Backup you will see a number of options that determine when and how it will upload. I have mine set up upload on any connection but only when my phone is charging, for example. You can set it up to upload as soon as you take a picture though, or only whenever you're on WiFi if you have a limited data plan.

Yes, and no. Within the Auto Backup settings you can choose if you want to upload all pictures in full resolution or if you want to upload them in 'Standard' resolution (about 3MP). The first will count against your storage quota but the latter will not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non