How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Android tablet WITHOUT Wifi.?

A

AC Question

How do I transfer photos from iphone to android tablet WITHOUT Wifi.

I have a micro to USB adapter cable, but the tablet does not recognize that there are pictures on the phone. The file manager does not recognize the phone as a device. I am traveling to Peru where wifi will not be available and would like to be able to back up my iPhone pictures to my android tablet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I transfer photos from iphone to android tablet WITHOUT Wifi.

Welcome to Android Central! iPhones and Android tablets won't be able to communicate via cable. You could try Fast File Transfer, which actually creates a local wi-fi network from the Android phone and allows the iPhone to transfer files that way.

SandcastleSC

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I transfer photos from iphone to android tablet WITHOUT Wifi.

Thanks for the answer. FastFile Transfer is a WINNER.
FastFile transfer worked great without WiFi or cellular service. Instructions were a little confusing – you just need to remember that the software is ON the android device. To RECEIVE files on the android, start FastFile Transfer, setup a connection between the iPhone and android device, follow the instructions to set up a “fake” wi-fi connection on your iphone/settings using the connection and password displayed on your android, then start a browser on your iPhone, using the numbers displayed on the android 192.168.43.1:8080 and the browser session on the iPhone will bring up the FastFile screen, the camera roll for you to select from, press SEND (to the android) and voila!!
Send Anywhere also worked but required cellular service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa