Phone gets stuck at wiping/formatting cache partition, is there a fix for this?

kmh8989

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Phone gets stuck at wiping/formatting cache partition

Hello, I have a brand new ZTE Grand Xmax+. I tried to wipe the cache partition and it gets stuck at formatting the cache and I have to hold the power down to reboot it from there. Is there a way to fix this or is this a serious problem? Thank you for your responses.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone gets stuck at wiping/formatting cache partition

Is there a particular reason for you trying to wipe the cache partition on a brand new phone ? Were you experiencing issues before ?

kmh8989

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Hello, thank you for answering. One thing I'm having an issue doing is putting shortcuts on my lock screen. There is a setting for it, but its not working at all. But what worries me the most is why it gets stuck when wiping the cache partition. Could there be a problem with the phone? Thank you

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site

How long have you had the phone ? Do you feel you've familiarized yourself fully ? Is it running Kitkat 4.4.4 ? It just seems to me that trying to resolve matters with a cache partition wipe, are maybe a bit drastic.....as if it may be getting stuck, finding something to do !
Where/what is the Setting that isn't working ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! How long did you wait for the cache partition wipe to complete? Some devices take upwards of 10-15 minutes, which can seem like forever. My Nexus 5 and ASUS Zenfone 2 both take around 5-10 minutes to complete. So try wiping the cache again, but this time, leave it alone for at least 15 minutes.

What's the exact issue with placing shortcut icons on your homescreen?

kmh8989

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

I just got it earlier this week, I do feel familiarized with it. Since the last post I made the setting that wasn't working is now all off a sudden working. And yes the phone is running Kitkat 4.4.4. Even if there is not reason to wipe the cache as of yet, it still concerns me that its not working at all, making me wonder if there is a problem with the phone itself. With the phone being new I am still able to exchange it for a new one if need be. Thank you.

kmh8989

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Thank you B. Diddy. Patience is a virtue that I apparently do not possess. My previous Samsung phone wiped the cache very fast so I was expecting the same for this device.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your reply "kmh8989".....glad that the short cut issue resolved itself. I've only ever found the need to do a cache partition wipe on one occasion, so am much less knowledgeable regarding. I'll unsubscribe.....good luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Thank you B. Diddy. Patience is a virtue that I apparently do not possess. My previous Samsung phone wiped the cache very fast so I was expecting the same for this device.

So did it complete? I'm not sure why some devices wipe the cache so quickly, while others take 5-10 minutes. My Nexus 7 wipes in a few seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699