Disable Notification Shuffling

yujinn

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Can we disable the shuffling of notification messages whenever we pull down the notification pane? This "feature" has been an annoyance to me. Most of the time I swipe out the wrong notification or accidentally open others- especially messages I am trying to avoid (because sometimes I don't want messages marked as "seen" to the sending party) because suddenly things shuffle. What's worse is that this shuffling happens at random times when you open the notification pane (sometimes instantly, sometimes never, sometimes after 2 seconds) so sometimes when I am aware of this annoyance I have to wait a bit for everything to settle down before doing my stuff- but most of the time I am in a hurry and I don't have time to wait for Android's sh!+.
You get my drift.

So, any way to disable this? By the way, let me shoot this down early: all my apps do not have a priority set.

TIA

Ahmed Sajjad Zaidi

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
This is the one thing I find most annoying about Android. Have asked for help on it elsewhere, but have yet to see anyone take note of it. Wonder why it isn't such a big problem for others.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That was frustrating me also. However, the implementation on the Nexus devices running Nougat isn't so bad as there's a spot in the notification you can tap to expand it, rather than having to pull down on the notification as in Marshmallow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699