Google Play Services battery drain when in multiple locations

CdnXxRRODxX

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to Android and this community so if I'm a bit long winded or providing some unneeded information please bear with me.

The situation goes as follows: I have a new LG G4, and am getting decent battery life. It's running marshmallow, I updated to it about a day into using it.The phone on standby typically doesn't drop hardly any battery life at all. I've unplugged at 100%, left in standby for 9 hours and it was still at 100%.

The issue mostly comes in when in standby as I run errands around the city. Example scenario: I left the house with 86% yesterday, went to the mall, came back (total trip time about 40 mins) and I didn't use my phone at all. I get back and it's at 66% battery life with Google Play Services increasing from about 2-3% battery usage before to around 15% or something like that.

I've observed this twice now when going out around town.

Would this be location services? Lack of wifi? Google Now trying to constantly calculate traffic?

I've checked the Location settings menu and it said that BBM, Pebble, Google all had low location usage.

I also have LTE turned off.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If the phone is constantly scanning for wifi, that will eat power.
If GPS-high is turned on, that will eat power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non