Vanilla android or stay with altered android like Samsung, HTC and such?

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I have both had an HTC Evo4g, a Galaxy S3 and S5 each. All of them were not stable at all. I like Android, but nothing is ever stable. I am really considering going Nexus and seeing if they are more stable. I admit, I do like some of the added features Samsung adds, but I would prefer a stable phone without constant reboots and battery pulls.

Please let me know if you switched to vanilla Android on a Nexus and noticed a big difference.

Thank you.

Robert

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A properly working phone shouldn't have "constant reboots and battery pulls". My 2-1/2 year old Note 3 never has. Something is causing the problems. If it's just your luck and you got a load of bad phones, another phone may eliminate the problem. But if it's something you're causing, you'll cause it on the Nexus too. (Things like running the battery down as low as possible before charging it. Lithium batteries don't work well like that.)

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't run it down that often, normally recharge about 30%ish. But that should not cause a phone to reboot, freeze or take a real long time to open an app. Both of our S5's also eat SD cards. I am on my 5th SD card in 2 years. The wife is on her 6th SD card. Sometimes I cant even log in without rebooting the phone. Drives me crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress