Android Data Saver Issues

soapydarren

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I randomly figured my play store notifies me of updates and when I click on update all or even on a single app, it just keeps turning endlessly and says downloading with nothing happening. I read through several posts and found it could relate to the data saver feature and so tried tweaking and saw it worked. However, I haven't set any data limits and changed the default 2gb to 5gb. Also have the data saver feature turned off bit the problem persists except I go to turn it on and then add certain apps on the list of unrestricted data usage apps. What worries me the most is that it also does this when I'm on WiFi. I always have to go to the restricted network section (data usage), include the WiFi I'm connected to and then turn on data Sava before it updates or automatically download photos and videos on WhatsApp. I always need to manually turn data saver on and include apps on the list of unrestricted access for me to flow without hassles. Started noticing last week and had to restore phone to factory settings hoping it would resolve it. Worked normally for a while and then suddenly starts again. What can I do? Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Play will only update one app at a time - all the other updates are suspended until the current one finishes. So you can hit Update on a dozen apps at once, but only one will be updating at a time.

soapydarren

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Play will only update one app at a time - all the other updates are suspended until the current one finishes. So you can hit Update on a dozen apps at once, but only one will be updating at a time.

It doesn't even update or download any app except I turn data saver on and allow unrestricted access. Even on WiFi.