Does my LG Premeir plus use data if I have it turned on but also have WiFi on?

Vance728

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I use Wi-Fi to save data but lately my phone seems slower so even though I am using Wi-Fi I turned on data also and it seems to run faster. If I am using Wi-Fi and have data turned on does my phone use data also?
Also should I restrict background data to save battery or does restricting background data slow the phone down even if I am connected to Wi-Fi?
And can anyone give me a crash course on how to set up my phone to make it run fast and not drain the battery?

Thank you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on how the phone is set up. If it has a setting to use mobile data over WiFi when it detects connection issues, then yes. Also, unless your phone/carrier supports WiFi Calling or RCS, whenever you send/receive an MMS, mobile data will be used (and if you turn mobile data off, you won't be able to send/receive these until you turn it back on).

Not sure what's draining your battery or slowing down the phone without taking a deeper look at your process CPU load and battery usage reports (and even seeing those it can be tricky).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress