HTC ONE vs Droid DNA

Justin Hinkle

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I talked to an HTC rep on the phone on thurs and he confirmed the Droid DNA will be getting the update to sense 5 and 4.2 "in a few weeks" He also confirmed the ONE coming to verizon but had no exact date again just "in a few weeks" I'M guessing this will be the same day.

So my question is I'm eligible for an upgrade now and I actually like the DNA the way it looks and the back texture but has anyone here HAD both phones and can anyone tell me if there is a major advantage to having the ONE? I don't care much about the 16gb vs 32gb unless someone here who has HAD both phones can tell me something I don't know. I am concerned about the battery life on the DNA.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. The DNA is 50$ on verizon.com right now I'm thinking the ONE will probably be 99$ when it comes out but maybe more. I want to upgrade but really don't want buyer's remorse in 2-3 weeks :-\ Thanks for any input. I really would appreciate input from someone who has at least used both devices for a substantial amount of time or who has owned both. Thanks again

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the one, nor have I used it, however, I see the Verizon HTC one being closer to the $199-$299 range of devices. The DNA was originally $199 upon release.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Justin Hinkle

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
yeah but it has been out for awhile now and it is available on sprint and att for 99$ plus verizon is gonna be all pumped to push the new droids and moto x

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is very good on the DNA. Yesterday, I went 18+ hours on battery before plugging in and my battery was still at 43%. (About 3 hours of screen time, some gps, push emails from 2 accounts, texting, web)

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The ONE will be at least 199 when it hits Verizon. Even though you can go to retailers such as Best Buy or Radio Shack and pick up the ATT/Sprint version for 99 or less it's still 199 through ATT or Sprint directly. I have not used the DNA but it is a great looking device. I doubt you could go wrong with either device but I would always recommend getting the newest device you can afford just because it will be supported for longer. Also, now that there is a Google edition of the ONE it will be supported for longer than a regular Android device.
Either way let us know what you end up getting!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress