New Years Resolution. .One phone for 2015

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I want to see if I can go a entire year with just one phone....I usually carry at least two and sometimes even more. My choices are the IPhone 6+, Droid Turbo, (both on Verizon) or Nexus 6 on Sprint.

What would you chose? And anyone else want to take the challenge with me?

Posted via the Android Central App

palomerf

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Dunno too much about the phones. However I'd be up to taking the challenge with you. I switch between an old iPhone 4S and my Moto X. It'd be nice to see if I could go without switching main phones for a year.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Dunno too much about the phones. However I'd be up to taking the challenge with you. I switch between an old iPhone 4S and my Moto X. It'd be nice to see if I could go without switching main phones for a year.

That is my biggest challenge...Putting the rest away and just going monogamous for a full year. ..Let me know what you pick and be honest...tell us how long you make it

mcg3745

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched back to a brand new note 3 Dec 2. I have stopped short of calling it a resolution but I am going to give it an effort to stay with this phone for 1yr. Good luck to us all!

Yes, I Note.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to see if I can go a entire year with just one phone....I usually carry at least two and sometimes even more. My choices are the IPhone 6+, Droid Turbo, (both on Verizon) or Nexus 6 on Sprint.

What would you chose? And anyone else want to take the challenge with me?

Sure why not, I have a shift in my priority lately and I like to buy less gadgets as well. I'll see if I can only buy one phone next year. Although I would also like to upgrade my current Nexus 7 to a faster one too.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to pare-down, in general, and be more fiscally responsible for the new year. I just sold my Lumia 1020 w/it's awesome camera and am left with just my LG G3. In the past 4 or 5 years, I haven't gone more than 2-3 months with just one device. Please root for me to 1) last the whole year w/my G3, and 2) not pull the trigger on another phone. :p Thanks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to pare-down, in general, and be more fiscally responsible for the new year. I just sold my Lumia 1020 w/it's awesome camera and am left with just my LG G3. In the past 4 or 5 years, I haven't gone more than 2-3 months with just one device. Please root for me to 1) last the whole year w/my G3, and 2) not pull the trigger on another phone. :p Thanks.

I'm root'n for ya. I went 4 months with only one phone. Wheeew, glad that's over. Got another S5 (something about that phone I just like) and resuscitated my water-damaged iPhone 4. The both of them are lead by my new Note 4 (a dark Sith Lord she is).

Wait...I'm not helping am I?

from the IV✒

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I am rooting for you. ..I have not gone 3 months with the same phone for years. ..please root for me as well

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd go for the iPhone 6 or nexus 6 if you're going for the year. I feel like these are year long phones and man do I need to do this too. This year has been terrible on my pocket for phones. Maybe I'll do 6 months.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for the iPhone 6 or nexus 6 if you're going for the year. I feel like these are year long phones and man do I need to do this too. This year has been terrible on my pocket for phones. Maybe I'll do 6 months.

Note 4 if there can be only one. Can't really think of a more capable device.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I know that it is only January 3rd and I chose the iPhone 6 +

But I am missing my Droid Turbo already. .. I don't know how long I can last

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I know that it is only January 3rd and I chose the iPhone 6 +

But I am missing my Droid Turbo already. .. I don't know how long I can last

Had a 6 plus for 8 days, exchanged it for a Turbo 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The fact my entire family is all Apple...it is tough to dump Apple... plus I love the 6+...

I know how you feel. My wife is iphone/ipad/mac, 12yr old son is iphone, 8 & 7 yr old daughter and son each have an ipod touch, and Apple TV in our living room. Out of 22 family members with cell phones 20 are iphones. It is nice to be connected through Apple but Android offers me personally and professionally more than iOS right now. Not to say I won't go back to iOS but right now it comes up short for me. I do have a Macbook Pro that I love and is my workhorse but Android is my OS of choice for now on my phone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've used iOS happily in the past and am really trying to understand how I've changed in that iPhone seems so flat to me now. So...limiting. I kinda hope that changes as I'd like to be able to enjoy what both platforms offer.

from the IV✒

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've used iOS happily in the past and am really trying to understand how I've changed in that iPhone seems so flat to me now. So...limiting. I kinda hope that changes as I'd like to be able to enjoy what both platforms offer.

from the IV✒

There is no question that Android has more things to customize, but that is the beauty of IOS for many people, you don't have too. It is ready to go out of the box and is very user friendly.