chrome cast output won't fit in TV screen

Lukas Crockett

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello yesterday I got a chromecast but on one of my TVs the picture won't fit in the TV right I cannot find any documentation on this so,

Thanks advance,

Lukas

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That's likely a TV setting, not chromecast. If you are however talking about casting a chrome tab, check your settings in the extension options to see what you have set as far as resizing and fullscreen.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's likely a TV setting, not chromecast. If you are however talking about casting a chrome tab, check your settings in the extension options to see what you have set as far as resizing and fullscreen.

This 👆
Also check the screen/zoom settings on your TV.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello yesterday I got a chromecast but on one of my TVs the picture won't fit in the TV right I cannot find any documentation on this so,

Thanks advance,

Lukas

I had the same problem. For some reason the Chromecast was messing with the TV's settings through CEC and my overscan settings were having no effect. I had to disable my TV's CEC control and when I changed the overscan settings everything worked great!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. For some reason the Chromecast was messing with the TV's settings through CEC and my overscan settings were having no effect. I had to disable my TV's CEC control and when I changed the overscan settings everything worked great!

OK thanks turnig off theCEC fixed it

Good deal! 👍👦

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks turnig off theCEC fixed it

Anytime. CEC is cool but it interferes with necessary things so I always disable it when I get the chance. My dad's new fancy pre-amp was having serious problems connecting to different HDMI inputs. It took me two hours of fiddling with it to figure out it was CEC on both the Blu-ray player and pre-amp that was causing all sorts of problems with all inputs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lukas Crockett

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Anytime. CEC is cool but it interferes with necessary things so I always disable it when I get the chance. My dad's new fancy pre-amp was having serious problems connecting to different HDMI inputs. It took me two hours of fiddling with it to figure out it was CEC on both the Blu-ray player and pre-amp that was causing all sorts of problems with all inputs.

Oh that must of sucked

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh that must of sucked

I was minutes away from calling the pre-amp manufacturer for them to send a new one. I thought the HDMI controller was bad.

CEC is really cool when it works. Your whole 7.1 surround sound system from the TV, pre-amp, Blu-ray player, and amps can all turn on with a touch of the button. You can control your TV with your Blu-ray remote or Blu-ray player with your receiver's remote. Settings are supposed to align themselves properly. But it doesn't work 99% of the time in my experience. Glad we got things figured out. I didn't even know the Chromecast supported CEC until I did a Google search and it popped up in an article. It hit me right then that must be it. Changed the setting and viola it worked.