No more complaining about official Froyo. But here's what you can complain about...

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
updated my post on number 12. sorry for the space waster LOL but hey its hard to read a post like this while in the middle of a 7 hour drive lol

deecee52

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% with the OP. but...
the viral dribble leading up to FRF83, and no viral breadcrumbs to ATT makes me nervous. I don't claim to understand software development, but simply porting it to ATT bands at the end seems well, late. :confused: Surely, someone at goog has rolled one up for the consumer AT&T experience.

Call me paranoid, but I keep feeling ATT is pressuring them in some way as is TM and we will be the losers. I so wanted this to be an unsubsidized world phone - beholden to no carrier, but that is another thread.

I'm not saying the ATT version or any other version should be leaked, but some reassurances from goog that they "are working to develop a common upgrade OTA path, to refine native apps, give developers time to refine their apps, creating a common, seamless, featurefull upgrade experience for all N1 users. We expect this rollout to be complete by the end of the 3rd quarter (or some late date so they can under promise and over deliver). Thank you for your support, etc...."

so as an ATT customer. I'll wait for the official OTA. I'll still grumble about the way this has been handled by google. I'll grumble about the mis information and poor reporting in the blogoshphere. I'll still be glad I have the N1. I'll hope that in the end the unlocked, unsubsidized n1s will be treated the same, get the release at the same time*, etc (and before the subsidized and branded phones -- okay, I want to brag :) -- and that google doesn't cave in/make deals with tm or att.

*I understand the roll-out will take days, but mix att and tm delivery. I never did like being the stepchild.

Okay, I guess this sounds like I am complaining!

robsw

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Google already has confirmed in the Nexus One support forums that the official release will be the same for AT&T and T-Mobile.

AvengerBB#AC

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% with the OP. but...
the viral dribble leading up to FRF83, and no viral breadcrumbs to ATT makes me nervous. I don't claim to understand software development, but simply porting it to ATT bands at the end seems well, late. :confused: Surely, someone at goog has rolled one up for the consumer AT&T experience.

Call me paranoid, but I keep feeling ATT is pressuring them in some way as is TM and we will be the losers. I so wanted this to be an unsubsidized world phone - beholden to no carrier, but that is another thread.

I'm not saying the ATT version or any other version should be leaked, but some reassurances from goog that they "are working to develop a common upgrade OTA path, to refine native apps, give developers time to refine their apps, creating a common, seamless, featurefull upgrade experience for all N1 users. We expect this rollout to be complete by the end of the 3rd quarter (or some late date so they can under promise and over deliver). Thank you for your support, etc...."

so as an ATT customer. I'll wait for the official OTA. I'll still grumble about the way this has been handled by google. I'll grumble about the mis information and poor reporting in the blogoshphere. I'll still be glad I have the N1. I'll hope that in the end the unlocked, unsubsidized n1s will be treated the same, get the release at the same time*, etc (and before the subsidized and branded phones -- okay, I want to brag :) -- and that google doesn't cave in/make deals with tm or att.

*I understand the roll-out will take days, but mix att and tm delivery. I never did like being the stepchild.

Okay, I guess this sounds like I am complaining!

There are people with AT&T versions that have received the update. There's just not enough of them that someone new to capture the link. I don't have time to find the link right now, but one of them posted video proof to youtube.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
There are people with AT&T versions that have received the update. There's just not enough of them that someone new to capture the link. I don't have time to find the link right now, but one of them posted video proof to youtube.

This the first I have heard of this. If true, this would indicate that contrary to my gut instinct, that AT&T will not delay the OTA update.
However, I searched YouTube and only found AT&T 2.2 demos on rooted phones.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could find the original link to the video you mentioned.