Nexus 10 with barcode scanner battery drain even when charging

benpems

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a browser based app running on a Nexus 10 tablet with a barcode scanner attached to the USB, the device is being charged by the pogo pin charger. However I am finding that the battery is still draining at around 10% per hour even when charging. I have tried using a powered USB but this does not seem to be having much effect, and also tried optimising all the settings i.e turning everything but the WIFI off Does anyone else have any ideas?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
First things first disconnect the USB Barcode scanner and kill the browser based app. If the drain goes away then that shows the USB barcode scanner is at fault for constantly using power. If the drain remains then further troubleshooting is required.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is notorious for needing more power than a charger can provide when it is actively being used. the GPU and screen are pretty power hungry.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you have cranked the brighness of the screen way down to conserve power, is this so?

Looking at the battery screen in settings what does it show as having the highest power consumption?

You mentioned a browser based program, have you tried multiple browsers?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if your app is sitting in some sort of loop reading the input from the usb port. if so, it could prevent your device from going to sleep. Go to setting | battery and see if your device goes to sleep.