Why the hate?

Poll: Do You Dislike LG?

• Total voters

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You didn't hear? The nexus certification program was a big hoax. Some fake bogger sent all the details to android and me as a joke and they were so anxious for news they up and posted it and it spread like wildfire. He eventually fessed up stating he didn't want to see Google not live up to everyone's unrealistic expectations.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

WV-ANDROID

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I personally can't wait yeah it has no lte and no ad card slot or changeable battery but look at the price look at the specs it a great phone for a great price go LG.

Sent from Mountaineer Nation via One X

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You didn't hear? The nexus certification program was a big hoax. Some fake bogger sent all the details to android and me as a joke and they were so anxious for news they up and posted it and it spread like wildfire. He eventually fessed up stating he didn't want to see Google not live up to everyone's unrealistic expectations.

Got a link? Even if it is, it is still a good idea

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The naming scheme kills the rumor. The nexus 4 is obviously named for its 4 inch(ish) screen (actually 4.7). It coincides with the 7 inch nexus 7 and 10 inch nexus 10. If Google really was going to do multiple nexus phones they wouldn't have chosen this naming scheme. And to also further smash those rumors, the rumored galaxy nexus 2 ended up being the Galaxy Premier, and the HTC Nexus 5 ended up being the Droid DNA (what a stupid name)

Anyway there is some truth. They said google was reaching out to several manufacturers for multiple nexuses, they never said they were all going to be phones.

Why does everyone assume it's multiple Nexus phones, not simple multiple Nexus devices?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't and am beyond that. I now know that it is devices, not phones but we have moved to the hypothetical

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Got a link? Even if it is, it is still a good idea

I know it's on rootzwiki, but hard to find on my phone. I liked the idea too because there aren't enough phones that provide the true google experience. Want an sd slot? Want more storage in general? Want a removable battery? Get a Galaxy s3...but wait its running 4.0, still doesn't have 4.1 and 4.2 is about ready to drop, and it doesn't look much like the 4.0 your used to because its heavily skinned with touchwiz. So really nowadays you gotta deal with compromises to get true android.

That being said I don't think a true certification program would work out because you'd end up with more phones than google could keep up with and updates would go back to the manufacturers responsibility, taking us back to square one. I think it would work if Google just selected a few multiple partners to make various phones, but they would all be shaped in Google's vision of the perfect phone, which would mean again, no storage or sd slot.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will look over there for it. I still think my Window analogy makes your points moot. Windows does not keep up with dell, hp, gateway, and the like. The oems are forced to keep up with windows and update drivers before a new version is released

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Charge properly and dont be abusive to li-ion batteries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Even with charging propertly, when you're doing 2-3 charge cycles a day like I am, one year is about all you get from a Lithium Ion battery. (Sprint GNex with 2100 mAh removable battery)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
On those years where I use a phone past the one-year mark, I always pick up a new battery (usually from the carrier to avoid issues with fake or counterfeit goods).

And I always notice a difference, the newer battery lasting longer.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Phone would be perfect with an sd card slot, lte (designed around att), and a changeable battery.

I'm still getting it though, at that price unlocked, this week be my first nexus and first unlocked phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Is the HSPA+42 spec true? If so, that should make some ppl happy that wanted LTE. Unless one wanted it on a carrier that had LTE.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is the HSPA+42 spec true? If so, that should make some ppl happy that wanted LTE. Unless one wanted it on a carrier that had LTE.

Yes it's true, it's listed on Google's specs page

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Really there is no hate for me anymore, at that price I can live with 16 gb of storage and a built in battery, though I wish it was larger. Doesn't the razr maxx have a 3200mah battery? They should of followed suit

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Didn't vote because your choices are incomplete. I don't hate LG and I don't Love LG. I have had good experiences with LG and expect to continue to have good experiences. But I used to have good experiences with WalMart. However! WalMart quit providing good expereinces and the same could happen to LG or any other company. You should have added "Like LG had good experiences with them".

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I never will understand why at&t never finished their 3G network. Verizon straight bashed them for it in 09. What did they do? Waste money on Luke Wilson to tell everyone about how good their calling network is.

Personally I'd rather see them get hard core about improving their 3G network and get hspa+ 42mbps working on every phone instead of blowing money on a new network they won't ever finish

jammytech

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you think you guys are going to take interest in the wireless charging feature? For me personally, it won't make my life dramatically easier, so forget forking out ?30+ for something when I already have something what does it just as good.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems pointless to me, wireless charging but I gotta have a dock to accomplish this feat, so nothing gained or lost really

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you think you guys are going to take interest in the wireless charging feature? For me personally, it won't make my life dramatically easier, so forget forking out ?30+ for something when I already have something what does it just as good.

Wireless charging won't really matter to me until my desk or my coffee table can become charging bases.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You guys don't geek out over much do you the tech is awesome and the fact that its finally starting to expand means that those days may not be far off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2