I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Both t mobile and the play store versions are supposed to be identical. No matter what gsm carrier your using the updates come from google not the carrier.

vanhoud

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Uhm, so if i buy the device straight from Google Play Store, if there is an issue with the device, do I get any kinda warranty for the device? also if I put my Tmobile SIM in it, will I still get OTA update from Google or it has to go through Tmobile?

Yes you get a warranty from Google. Your updates will come from Google not tmobile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That there lies the catch 22 when u leave the carrier. No more calling carriers or walking into store and asking for help. Seeing the issues and delays from getting help from Google on n7 makes me leery. I hope best buy sells this phone.
Uhm, so if i buy the device straight from Google Play Store, if there is an issue with the device, do I get any kinda warranty for the device? also if I put my Tmobile SIM in it, will I still get OTA update from Google or it has to go through Tmobile?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
If I buy this phone to put on my post paid AT&T account will I need my line switched from my current iPhone data plan to a general Android compatible data plan? Or is it different for Nexus devices since they aren't controlled by the carrier? In other words can I just move my micro Sim to the N4 and I'm good to go, or not?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If I buy this phone to put on my post paid AT&T account will I need my line switched from my current iPhone data plan to a general Android compatible data plan? Or is it different for Nexus devices since they aren't controlled by the carrier? In other words can I just move my micro Sim to the N4 and I'm good to go, or not?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
yes, you are good to go just like that.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, you get the warrenty directly from google.
you will get OTA no matter what sim you use with it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I know nothing about Android, but people always say the os lags and stutters. So I want the opinion of a real Android user instead of Windows/Iphone fanboys. I don't mind a little lag though, I just want something that just works =).

my Nexus S which is a two year old outdated hardware(512 mb ram, 1 Ghz single core) with ICS was a bit laggy at times.
it use to have some hiccup when using it. after i got jelly Bean, I can clearly see a difference. it doesnt hiccup anymore. Trust me on this. I was so impressed with jelly Bean.
Also, nexus S slows down a bit when i open a lot of apps.when i check the RAM(mine is 512) it would be very low at that time.
A powerful phone with 2Gb ram should not become slow when lot of apps are open. I believe Nexus 4 will be lag free.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I know nothing about Android, but people always say the os lags and stutters. So I want the opinion of a real Android user instead of Windows/Iphone fanboys. I don't mind a little lag though, I just want something that just works =).

Android is much smoother than it used to be. My Motorola Backflip (which ran 2.1) froze and stuttered so much to the point where I had to pull the battery several times a day. My HTC One X running 4.0 stutters here and there, but is much smoother than 2.1 and IMO is on par with iOS. But the latest iteration, known as Jelly Bean (4.1-4.2) is much smoother than my iOS experience, largely in part to Project Butter, which basically makes the interface run at 60 FPS.

Sent from my HTC One X

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
yes, you get the warrenty directly from google.
you will get OTA no matter what sim you use with it.

So by warranty from Google, you mean I can send the device back to them and get a replacement if there is a problem with the unit? or is there a different way to do this if it happens? (btw sorry for asking too much, I never buy anything online in my entire life yet, so just wanna make sure that I won't regret doing this)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Android is much smoother than it used to be. My Motorola Backflip (which ran 2.1) froze and stuttered so much to the point where I had to pull the battery several times a day. My HTC One X running 4.0 stutters here and there, but is much smoother than 2.1 and IMO is on par with iOS. But the latest iteration, known as Jelly Bean (4.1-4.2) is much smoother than my iOS experience, largely in part to Project Butter, which basically makes the interface run at 60 FPS.

Sent from my HTC One X

In one of the review online from Slashgear (YouTube) of the Nexus 4, there is still lag shown in the browser (Chrome - I think it has been made to be the default browser for Jelly Bean), zooming and scrolling was like stucking and unresponsive :(

Last edited:

dkreventon

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a few questions:

1. How is the wifi atenna? Can you compare side by side with the galaxy nexus?
I now own a galaxy s3 which is way better that any previous phone. It catches 3 times the wifi networks in the same area. I've tested with my gnex, iphone 4, gs2 and all of them displayed 10 wifi networks where my gs3 was displaying 30. This is a huge leap forward and I want to know if nexus 4 can do this.
2. How are the side buttons? Especially the power button. Is it easy to press like on the galaxy nexus?
Galaxy S3 buttons are clicky opposed to galaxy nexus which seem to have a quality little spring inside. As there is no home button on the nexus 4, we can only rely on the power button to unlock the phone.
3. Can you tell how long is the usb cable (with both ends) provided for the AC charger? Also, what output does it have and most important: how long does it take to fully charge the phone from 0 or maybe 10%.

I would be glad if you can answer my questions.
Have a good day :).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So by warranty from Google, you mean I can send the device back to them and get a replacement if there is a problem with the unit? or is there a different way to do this if it happens? (btw sorry for asking too much, I never buy anything online in my entire life yet, so just wanna make sure that I won't regret doing this)

yes, thats right. if you want to send they might send the shipping tag for return.

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Would you like to buy a few touchstones I ordered when initial reports were that the N4 should work with the touchstone?

vanhoud

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
In one of the review online from Slashgear (YouTube) of the Nexus 4, there is still lag shown in the browser (Chrome - I think it has been made to be the default browser for Jelly Bean), zooming and scrolling was like stucking and unresponsive :(

Obviously a software issue with chrome I'm sure it will be updated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress