[Official] Nexus 4 is Still in Stock and I Just Got One Thread

AJ Hidell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hit refresh multiple times and it worked!!!

Google promised one thing - that this phone would go on sale today. If you expected anything else, you made it up in your mind.

Sorry, that's nonsense. If I go to McDonald's and find out the new CBO is cheddar, bacon, and onion on a dog food patty then I wouldn't say "Oops, well they only promised cheddar bacon and onion. Guess I made up the beef patty in my own mind."

When I have the damned thing in my shopping cart I should be able to buy it.

julia813

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

This was the third time I had it in my shopping cart, but the first time the order finally went through.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha, got one. Soon to give up, I tried it on my phone's browser on 3g and that gave me 'add to cart' a couple of times within 10 or 15 minutes.. they must have been ignoring a PC I had running since the morning with a page monitoring thing running.
On my phone, the first time it didn't work because i unchecked 'link n4 to your account' which really means 'empty your shopping cart'.. but the second time went through the purchase screens smoothly on the CM10 default browser... if you're about to give up hope, try your phone.. not sure if its an IP or script-detect thing or what..

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I got this after refreshing for about 10 minutes.

Nexus4.jpg

Larswa

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Just ordered a 16GB Nexus 4, and a 16GB Nexus 10. Status under "My orders" are "Pre-Ordered". So no knowing when they will ship them ...

beingfunny

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

what's sad, i didn't even get an initial email that I signed up for...refresh, refresh, refresh...
edit: just got mine at 5:20 eastern 8gb

cliffy

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexus 4 not sold out

I have a few reservations about how the whole Nexus 4 purchasing thing went down today. At around 5 minutes before noon EST, I went to the Play store to try to F5 spam the website to buy a Nexus 4 (I read on Android Police that Google was officially opening up sales at 9am PST). To my dismay it had already been sold out; showing the "coming soon" and "notify me" on the page. I read about the refresh trick that was mentioned above and tried it. It took me a little while but I was able to place an order for two 16GB Nexus 4's (one for me and one for my friend). The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that I really got an oder in for two Nexus 4's that Google (or LG) has in stock. For one, people have mentioned that the reason it showed up as "coming soon" then "in stock" was because all the traffic on the server, but high traffic demand would just case the page not to load or load slowly; not show something in stock that previously wasn't. This makes me think there is an error that caused the page to show "in stock" and allow placing orders when, in fact, all the Nexus 4's that were actually available had already sold out in minutes. I think that for those like me that placed an order by spamming F5 until it changed to "in stock" we'll still get our Nexus 4's, but it wont be until Google gets its next batch of Nexus 4's. I hope I'm wrong but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm so mad, I got 5 orders cancelled because of Google's BS. They say they don't charge anything but then when I try to buy one it says decline.

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

5 31 pm eastern - after hours of F5 I managed to buy a 16 gb.
Still can't believe it.

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just placed my order. After a bit of refreshing it seem to go through fine. To be honest I'm not really sure why I bought it because I am still under contract on Verizon with the Galaxy Nexus. I feel like with this phone, now is the best time for me to experiment with AT&T and T Mobile service in my area, especially prepaid, to try to save money for my family (all of whom are stuck on the Verizon family plan). I hope it works out, otherwise I'm gonna look like a fool :)

I tried to think of something witty, but this is all I could come up with.

Larswa

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who ordered this morning comment on what their "My Orders" status is on their Nexus 4's and Nexus 10's?
I ordered a 16GB of each about an hour ago and they both have the status set to "Pre-Ordered" whatever that means ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer