New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup BS on the Canadian hold up...just called google myself and asked them and they said that's not true, the phone will be shipping out hopefully today or tomorrow morning. Was told to expect a shipping notice by tomorrow morning and there's a chance I will get my order by Friday but Monday at the latest (I'm a Canadian customer).

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey troll, why don't you go call your mommy and your daddy a 'moron'? LMAO.. I don't give a fck if the phone comes 2 weeks from now for all I care. BUT, I do care NOW because I will be out of town for Thanksgiving starting next Tueday for a week, "moron". So, YES, I've complained and think I have a right to. So go crawl back in your little cubby hole and come out next Feb to see your 2" shadow BOY. LMAO..

Oh and thanks for the math lesson. Mommy says your done with your homework for tonight and she'll be up in 5mins to tuck you in.. Buh bye!

Your sitch seems dire, have you called Google Play and asked about shipping? I did and the guy said latest we will see them is Monday. (Also said earliest we might see them is tomorrow but eh...)

bryancotton84

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Cuz we payed for two day shipping

Has the package shipped yet? No...two day shipping and 3-5 days for delivery, so subtract the 2 day shipping and youre left with 1-3 for processing and handeling. Everyone who is so pissed that it is taking so long need to realize the logistics that go into shipping 100,000+ units of something. You'll get your product when you get it.

danamccall

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, after 4 hours of refreshing, I got a unit ordered 36 hours ago and there is no indication of any shipping at all on my account. I have never ordered anything online that performed that poorly, so the complaining is that the sale of an item by one of the largest online software companies in the world is far below the standards of typical e-commerce transactions. THAT is why there is complaining, and it is justified.

Google knows that their commerce operation fell apart for a big product launch, and they have yet to send an email to customers a) thanking them for their loyalty and b) apologizing for having logistical problems. In fact, a top-notch customer service experience, actually, would have included an automated email set to go out at 5pm yesterday from any of the people on the Management Team:
Management team ? Company ? Google
or from the Android Team:
Developer Advocates - Google Code

That's over 50 people tied to the success of this product, the flagship Android phone. If Google wants to make their brand the top brand, they need to treat their most loyal fans well. Be honest with them. Tell them "we goofed". Offer free bumpers. State the goal of the Android experience and how Google is striving to offer the finest digital experience out there and "we won't quit until every last customer is amazed". That kind of thing.

Instead...here we sit...looking for imprints proving our transaction actually occurred and that we will actually get this product we had to work so unusually hard for. I signed up to be notified of the sale 10 days ago and have yet to receive notification of when the sale begins...still.

This is a complete failure of customer service, and if Google wants to be held in high regard as a consumer company, then they need to act like first tier large companies do during customer service crises.

Grey_arc

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I called customer service earlier and was told that my item had already been shipped but that the servers that google uses to process the automated emails for shipping confirmation have been really busy with all the orders. He stated that I would receive an email sometime tonight or tomorrow, but that it had definitely shipped.

rodneyw1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am an iPhone 4s owner moving to Nexus 4 and my first experience with Android. Other than the iPhone 5 I have purchased all my other iPhones on the day they came out. I have sat for what seemed like hours refreshing screens trying to get an iPhone in my basket. I have finally gotten them in my basket only to have my basket disappear completely. I have gone through server crash after server crash. Have finally gotten my new iPhone into my basket and ordered, but wasn't sure because I didn't receive a confirmation and had to call and try to figure out if it did in fact go through. So, this doesn't seem that different to me. Should Apple have done a better job? For sure. Should Google have done a better job? For sure. I understand everyone's frustration, but for most of us will it really make much difference? I understand those with the Thanksgiving week problem but for most of us that's probably not the case. I have a good friend who's father is dying of cancer. Yesterday he received word his father had taken a turn for the worse. It doesn't really seem too important if my phone ships tomorrow, Friday, or, "God forbid" Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

I am an iPhone 4s owner moving to Nexus 4 and my first experience with Android. Other than the iPhone 5 I have purchased all my other iPhones on the day they came out. I have sat for what seemed like hours refreshing screens trying to get an iPhone in my basket. I have finally gotten them in my basket only to have my basket disappear completely. I have gone through server crash after server crash. Have finally gotten my new iPhone into my basket and ordered, but wasn't sure because I didn't receive a confirmation and had to call and try to figure out if it did in fact go through. So, this doesn't seem that different to me. Should Apple have done a better job? For sure. Should Google have done a better job? For sure. I understand everyone's frustration, but for most of us will it really make much difference? I understand those with the Thanksgiving week problem but for most of us that's probably not the case. I have a good friend who's father is dying of cancer. Yesterday he received word his father had taken a turn for the worse. It doesn't really seem too important if my phone ships tomorrow, Friday, or, "God forbid" Monday.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just went through the last half of the thread and cleaned up all the trolling. If I missed anything, go ahead and report the post(s).

If anyone feels like trolling and/or throwing out attacks again in this thread, don't. Subscribed.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I called customer service earlier and was told that my item had already been shipped but that the servers that google uses to process the automated emails for shipping confirmation have been really busy with all the orders. He stated that I would receive an email sometime tonight or tomorrow, but that it had definitely shipped.

When did you place your order? US or UK?

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was one of the lucky few to snatch up a Nexus 4 yesterday, and I called the Nexus support number yesterday just asking about shipping etc. The woman told me that they would ship same day (meaning yesterday) but I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. So just now I called them up and they told me that "It couldn't ship on the same day since it would take 2-3 days to process the information, and your order is scheduled to be shipped tomorrow". It seems weird that the Google Nexus reps told me two different things. I really should have asked them when it would be delivered and if they paid for saturday delivery (most likely not though). Oh well, I'm just appreciative I actually got a Nexus 4.

Jigu005

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would like to point out that if you sign up for UPS My Choice it will alert you if you have a package coming in tomorrow. So if they have shipped already and is scheduled to deliver Friday it will send and email at midnight to confirm. In this case you would be sure whether or not the package will come this week, without waiting for Google to post the Tracking Numbers.

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind call center people don't get much information. When were experiencing the server lockups and issues they are listening to some mouth breather complain about an app they bought not working or etc.

Generally on all the launch days I've worked in call centers for various companies, the supervisory staff might get an answer once every hour and a half, in between you have 20 people telling all the agents the same thing they heard since the last update. This is also even more drawn out and exaggerated when the call center is outsourced and doesn't have a direct communication line to the parent company.

Keep in mind most of what's been going on is speculative and guess work. Until an engineer data mines what actually happened, and I doubt that info will ever be released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you've worked in a warehouse setting or even customer service before. You're one of those puppet types that see everything as a robotic process. Sure, it can take 24 hours, if it's just one or a couple orders. If you're talking thousands on the other hand, that's something else. I think you set the bar awfully high.

Replied to your nonsense in another thread. A good example of proper e-retailer is monoprice. They can receive my order and ship it within a couple of hours. This is just one example. Not only that, but they carry thousands of unique items. Does monoprice have magic sauce? No they don't. Not sure why you are defending Google, they clearly have dropped the ball when it comes to processing orders for just a handful of products

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe you've worked in a warehouse setting or even customer service before. You're one of those puppet types that see everything as a robotic process. Sure, it can take 24 hours, if it's just one or a couple orders. If you're talking thousands on the other hand, that's something else. I think you set the bar awfully high.

You seem to know nothing else but romney... maybe you voted for him... rather than just commenting on others... Google definitely under estimated the demand and did not manage things properly.. i don't see any reason to support them after this huge mess they created in the ordering process..

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Can we back on track and tracking
This I believe is the thread title....Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?