Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

p1neapples

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if UPS SCS generated the shipping label so as to kick off the billing cycle so it would show as November revenue.

These were my first thoughts...but to properly record revenue the item will have to actually be shipped. It seems like we have rec'd false shipment notices and therefore no revenue.

uteninja

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed here and on XDA that those who ordered two with one order are getting their phones before the single orders. I don't know it's accurate or not, just a trend I've noticed. If that's the case, I understand why Google might give them the priority since they paid more.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This dude is the Lord of the Flies. Enjoy you victory over Piggy and enjoy your secluded fiefdom.

Congrats on a book/movie reference no one will get. I first thought of Beelzebub but thought better of it. I would have just left it at Lord of the flies...no one will get the book reference. I think more people have read the Bible. That's just me though.

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if UPS SCS generated the shipping label so as to kick off the billing cycle so it would show as November revenue.

When I called UPS, the representative informed me that these so-called generated labels post the date of delivery after they are purchased (e.g., if it is two-day air and the package is shipped on Monday then the tracker posts a Wednesday delivery estimation); my guess is that as many, or close to as many, labels were purchased as LG Nexus 4s were available to ship. I asked the individual if there was an instantiation or demarcation which would let UPS/Goggle/customer know that the item had actually been in the facility and shipped?to which I awaited the response of a resounding "No." I think this is on UPS but Google are proving that their due diligence and procurement are both suspect-to-incompetent.

Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas and a Compassionate Kwanzaa to you all!

Last edited:

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on a book/movie reference no one will get. I first thought of Beelzebub but thought better of it. I would have just left it at Lord of the flies...no one will get the book reference. I think more people have read the Bible. That's just me though.

You are a surly one. Perhaps the reference was not as lost as I thought and for that I am grateful for your attention.

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So are they actually being shipped(or held in UPS facility) or not since some people are getting it?

A Google rep told me, today, that he understood that the devices are in UPS warehouse but have not been scanned by them (UPS). So, if what he says holds true, then Google/LG have completed at least two parts successfully: 1) manufacturing; 2) delivery to supply chain. Now, if what they say is true, UPS is either sitting on their hands, did not anticipate this kind of demand (cf., the opposite of jumping the shark) or any number of poor, inexcusable asides. The story is developing and I am curious how this will shake out even after I get my phone?this is the stuff of MBA programs, friends.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
When I called UPS, the representative informed me that these so-called generated labels post the date of delivery after they are purchased (e.g., if it is two-day air and the package is shipped on Monday then the tracker posts a Wednesday delivery estimation); my estimation is that as many, or close to as many, labels where purchased as LG Nexus 4s were available to ship. I asked the individual if there was an instantiation or demarcation which would let UPS/Goggle/customer know that the item had actually been in the facility and shipped?to which I awaited the response of a resounding "No." I think this is on UPS but Google are proving that their due diligence and procurement are both suspect-to-incompetent.

Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas and a Compassionate Kwanzaa to you all!

i learned three new words by reading this post lol

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
A Google rep told me, today, that he understood that the devices are in UPS warehouse but have not been scanned by them (UPS). So, if what he says holds true, then Google/LG have completed at least two parts successfully: 1) manufacturing; 2) delivery to supply chain. Now, if what they say is true, UPS is either sitting on their hands, did not anticipate this kind of demand (cf., the opposite of jumping the shark) or any number of poor, inexcusable asides. The story is developing and I am curious how this will shake out even after I get my phone?this is the stuff of MBA programs, friends.

Yeah but that is google's side of the story. When some other posters have called UPS they said that they haven't received a shipment from google. They are just blaming each other now. :/

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
An updated tracker??? Wow. And it's looking like you have a tomorrow delivery date. Congrats to you, and that's definitely a good sign for some of us. I'm guessing on certain people were supposed to actually receive the shipped email.

I'll believe it when it shows up. When I signed up for My Choice yesterday I magically got a delivery date for today. This morning I was able to track it with the new delivery date for tomorrow, but only when logged into UPS. It was really weird...whenever I checked from another tab or browser it came up with the yellow tag until right before I posted the screen shot.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll believe it when it shows up. When I signed up for My Choice yesterday I magically got a delivery date for today. This morning I was able to track it with the new delivery date for tomorrow, but only when logged into UPS. It was really weird...whenever I checked from another tab or browser it came up with the yellow tag until right before I posted the screen shot.

keep us updated. im very curious about this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress