can't send mms pics?

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It will work with GoSMS. Enter same apn settings that are on phone for mms into the mms apn setting in Go. I had it working but just got tired of Go

Thanks for this tip - I added the apn settings for mms in GoSMS' advanced settings and that enabled me to send mms messages.

TJ Oyeniyi

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I JUST solved this problem on my Nexus 4. It had nothing to do with the APN. I had turned my Mobile Data OFF and MMS requires Mobile Data to be ON in order to send MMS. I'm not on a data plan though, so it has nothing to do with having that.

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure this out!

When someone sends me a MMS, i.e. a picture, I get a notification on the notification bar, but when I select it, it opens as a NEW message from the person who sent it, which is absolutely blank.

When I go back to the actual conversation, there is no picture.

What gives?

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You know what your talking about because i have the same issues, lets forget wifi anything, we not using Idevices.
When sending picture MMS using the default app the picture sends out with no issues, when using any third party app the msg never goes out. I believe this is a comp ability issue with anything party app and 4.2.2

yup ive read all the threads on this, thanks though. I dont understand what my apn settings matter if it works through the default messenger. This is so annoying!!!! It workes perfect through default messenger but nothing else. I dont want to use messenger. Any advice?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You know what your talking about because i have the same issues, lets forget wifi anything, we not using Idevices.
When sending picture MMS using the default app the picture sends out with no issues, when using any third party app the msg never goes out. I believe this is a comp ability issue with anything party app and 4.2.2

Did you miss the post about entering the APN setting directly into the third party app? Give that a try.

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I only use the stock messaging app, and whenever someone sends me a pic, it opens as a blank message and I never receive what they are sending!

SEVEN40iL

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Something very strange, while trying to figure out the APN settings, I just went into my Mobile Networks settings and selected Automatically Select Network.

It did it's thing, and after that I was sent an MMS and I actually received it!

Weird.