No Service until reboot

PogoMips

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

lately I experienced something weird with my phone. It's now the second time this week that this happens to me.
I've had the phone since it first came out and I never had this problem before.
At some point I'll get "No Service" and the phone never regains it. The first time I noticed it, it lost the service at work and I noticed it at home, where I usually have full bars.
But I still did not get any until I rebooted the phone. It looks like this in the battery usage screen

Someone got any ideas?

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You could try going in and out of airplane mode, to save the time of a reboot.

It could be related to a problem with the carrier. Who are you using?

Bobinnv

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me about every 3 or 4 weeks since I've had the phone - the little signal strength icon is empty, and if I try to make a call it tells me 'no service'. Toggling airplane mode doesn't fix it, but a reboot does. I don't think it is my carrier, AT&T, because I never experienced the problem with my previous phone (iPhone 4). Did anyone find any solutions?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Was wifi involved such as connected to a wifi network then going out of range of wifi before turning wifi off?

Bobinnv

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think WiFi was involved.. Certainly not today when it happened - I was at home in constant range of WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Matt Speas

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the line with Straight Talk support. They are showing no issues with the network. So it must be a Jelly Bean issue... Interestingly, I turned off WIFI be fore my last reboot and have not lost signal yet, which is the longest it has gone... Phone worked great the first two days I owned it.

Matt Speas

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok, well, I went thru everything Google Play support suggested, culminating in a full factory reset where I did not restore my apps and settings. The issue persisted. Google is sending me a new phone in exchange for the old one. The issue that has caused this remains a mystery, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't rear its head with the new phone!

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well, I went thru everything Google Play support suggested, culminating in a full factory reset where I did not restore my apps and settings. The issue persisted. Google is sending me a new phone in exchange for the old one. The issue that has caused this remains a mystery, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't rear its head with the new phone!
Interesting. I've noticed mine (same ST AT&T) has been doing that a lot lately. I didn't know if it was my rom (XenonHD--very unlikely) or the phone. Let us know what happens with your new phone. I've had mine since the new sales in February. Thanks.

jgstevens

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing happen a couple of times a week. Thought at first it was the area that I'm in (Chicago), but no, it is also happening at home (Detroit) where i used to have a really good connection. I'm TMO and this did not happen with my last phone (NexS). It takes a full reboot to get service back and seems to have something to do with WIFI and BTH when both are off service loss is days away. Since BTH stutters i don't use that much any more. This has been the worst phone i have ever owned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non