[Q] Possible Bug with AOKP offline phone Search?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I notice this problem while using AOKP. I cant do offline phone search for any info that has anything to do with third party apps. But results for default Apps like contacts will not show up. For example, doing a search for Firefox bookmarks will show up with nothing. This is a problem since now when I search for music And want the music to show up under a third party app like playerpro it's won't show up. But if I search for the same song using the default music app, it'll show up. I hate and don't use the default google music apps and uninstalled it on AOKP so I want the search to work for playerpro. here are pictures to demonstrate this.

1) a offline search for a song will show up for the default google music app.
imgur: the simple image sharer

2) now making player pro searches available in the options stopped searches in google default music app

3) i search for the name of a song and it won't automatically show up in player pro as result but for first party apps like google contact, you see that a number showed up under home.

4) now in order to get the results to show up, i have to search for something, then tap "Search phone" then search the item again. so hear i click "Search phone" then type home again and now the results show up. this is a bug, cause in stock android, the player pro results would show up on the first search without me making too many steps

As you can see, I've set up so it'll search using player pro but it's not working. But if I search for something else that would show up on default apps then click "search phone" then it'll work. Thats too many steps. On stock 4.2 , the offline search works perfectly for player pro. If i search for a song it'll show up first thing. I have tried clearing the media storage and deleting .nomedia files just to see of that would work even though I know that none of those are causing this problem. Anyone else having this problem? I think this is a bug on AOKP