Nexus 4 battery life

Akashd

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm a new user, but I have been following android centrals news and forums for a very long time and its honestly one of the beat sites I know. In the past just going through the forums I was able to solve all my problems or slight glitches I've had with my devices. I know the nexus 4 battery problem has many threads and I did a lot of research but I can't seem to find a good solution to my problem.

A week ago I downloaded nova launcher (the free version), swapps, a clock/calender/weather skin for uccw and the dashclock widget for my lock screen. Before downloading these apps my battery life was about 14-15 hours for a day with 4+ hours of screen time with the wallpaper changer app I have and still do. Now I get about 10 hours in a day with less than 3 hours of screen time. I will be on my phone and I will literally watch the battery percent fall every couple minutes.

From what I've read, nova launcher is not supposed to cause a dramatic change to the battery life. So I'm wondering if its the other apps that are having a significant drainage.

I've also downloaded deep sleep battery saver, and have it set to slumber mood. Its good for saving my battery when the screen is off. Before that I wouldn't even last as long as I do now for the day.

One last point, I truly believe that if you have a great device like the nexus 4, then you shouldn't have to disable certain settings (automatic updates, GPS, data automatic brightness) in order to get a good battery life.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Battery in N4 is big ****.

I dont have anything synced, not even gmail, google now disabled, brightness on 15% maybe, and I get maybe 4 hours SOT on mobile data, and 5h on wifi.

Only thing that drains my battery is maybe whatsapp, and I go to facebook from time to time. When I am on whatsapp I can watch my battery percentage falling every minute or two.

I love Nexus 4 but cant wait for new nexus to come in the end of the year (I hope so).

Akashd

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel like my battery wasn't this bad in the beginning and is actually getting worse over time.

Have you tried to completely drain your battery and charge it from there? I heard you should do that about once a month to keep a healthy battery.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Turn your screen brightness down. Keep an eye on wake locks. That should solve 90% of your problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to completely drain your battery and charge it from there? I heard you should do that about once a month to keep a healthy battery.

Incorrect; this can actually damage your battery. Draining your battery completely is unhealthy for any smartphone or other device with similar battery technology.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
i ALWAYS noticed phone batteries get worse and worse over a brief time. With my other phones i even wiped it and reset the battery. It was still doing pretty bad. I think it might of been the battery.
As of now i had the nexus (not activated yet) for few days. Wifi is on. Checks my emails instantly, few widgets on, bunch of apps have been updated. I turned on the screen to listen to music and d/l some amazon apps. Most of the time its on standby. Been going for 48 hours and 25% battery life left. God thats amazing.

i believe apps like facebook have in the past hurt batter life tremendously. im not going to get the app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez