Nexus 4 random shut offs (while charging)

_Nundo

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello android central!

First, let me start by apologizing if this thread has been asked before, or already been solved.

I have had an LG Nexus 4 since June, and I have experienced my nexus 4 shutting down on a nightly basis while charging.

I have searched on Google.ca and have stumbled through many forums, that its a common issue. But most forums, people start asking, only to get an answer that had nothing to do with the question.

While searching the forums, here are the top three suggestion that others have recommended:

1) put the nexus 4 on safe mode for 24 hours, sometimes its an app that causes the random reboots.

2) do a factory reset.

3) flash the original image provided by Google.

I can tell you 1 & 2 has been done already. The problem with 3 is that no matter where I look, I cannot find a simple tutorial that will help me flash the original image, most are too complicated for beginners, I have 0 experience with flashing, rooting etc.

Can anyone be kind enough to provide me with a tutorial for dummies on how to flash my nexus 4 with googles image, or provide with a solution?

Appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Use a toolkit:

WugFresh

But you don't really say what happened when you tried 24 hours in safe mode. If there were no problems then you have some misbehaving app probably. After you did the factory reset, did you let google reinstall all your apps? Again, after the factory reset you should install nothing and see how things work.