Kitkat causing problems with Bluetooth

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Since I installed 4.4.2, BT has been randomly shutting off. When I turn it back on, it auto shuts off. The only way to get it to stay on is to reboot.

It sounds like the wifi problem, but I don't have any battery saver apps installed.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I report this to google?

TIA
Z.

xman0920

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with 4.4.2. My Bose bluetooth makes Sound when it loses and then reconnects. I only lose the connection for just a second or two. Powering down/up does not permanently correct the problem. It occurs with or without wi-fi active.

Posted via Android Central App

yossisu

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with bluetooth. problem started after updating to 4.4 and since then has bluetooth problem. Expected to solve it with the update 4.4.2 but unfortunately the situation worse. Help......
The bluetooth problem: After connecting any bluetooth headset connection is stable for a few seconds then disconnects and connects again.

Last edited:

anon(8331774)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issues with my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2...I've tried lots of things to fix the problem on my own, like a factory reset, disabling wifi while using bluetooth etc. I even called google tech support but I didn't have any luck with them.
However,I think I found a temporary work around. First I deleted all pairs and renamed my phone to something new. Then I paired the devices again, but was still having the disconnect issue. The kicker I have found was that I can't be charging my phone while using the bluetooth AND I have to have my phone upright in the cup holder...Upside down didn't work. Typically I connect it to the charger and place it upside down in the holder....I can't explain it, but I can't argue with results either. Good Luck.

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I gave up on my Q2 and switched to a Jawbone Era. It keeps dropping the connection and I'm loosing calls. I am not a happy camper as far as BT is concerned.

Is google talking at all about fixing this or am I on my own?

Z

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. BT connects to my car stereo and whenever it feels compelled, drops the connection. Then reconnects a couple if seconds later. Then it loses connection permanently until rebooted. Makes me want to get the MotoX

Posted via Android Central App

Cyclepath5

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
It appears to me to be related to the screen blanking. I also found this problem when I upgraded my Nexus 4 to 4.4.2. I my earpiece would connect then disconnect in the middle of a call, usually within a minute or so. I read on another forum that someone thought there was a correlation between the screen being off and the disconnection. I have two workarounds that both seem to work, both require the screen to stay on while bluetooth is connected. 1) When connected, I keep a finger on the screen to prevent it from shutting off, this burns power but at least I don't get cut off from a phone call. 2) I use a profile manager to keep screen on whenever bluetooth is connected. I sure hope the Android guys can fix this.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried setting the 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'Always' ? This can be found in Settings->WiFi->Advanced (three dots->Advanced).
I am not sure if this will fix the issue, but is worth a try. Sometimes in hardware, Bluetooth and WiFi are inter-dependency for power.

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my bluetooth connection to my car stereo seems to drop about 75 percent of the time when I drive out if my work parking lot and loose the wifi connection. I'm wondering if something about the hand-off between Wifi and my cell data is causing issues. Also, this has only started happening since the kitkat upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

P Schmied

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
From the google play store Bluetooth Auto Connect by Uniqtec finally makes BT reconnection always work for me- at least for a single bt device pair.

Aleko Boychev

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've experienced exactly the same problem and after reading a lot, I found that it's a simple phone configuration setting.
Just go to Phone->Call Settings->Settings for accessories->Conditions for blutooth call. You have to set the condition to make call even if the device is locked.

I hope it helps you.

Kind Regards