Will Best Buy get this early again?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus 7 from there when it came out and I got it a couple days early. Obviously it has to be announced but this seems like a weird announcement to me. No Keynote or presentation of any sort and just an announcement is what everyone is thinking. I hope this happens and I will likely buy this if it isn't more than $449 for a 32gb but I want to get it from Best Buy because of their 0% interest and rewards plus their return policy is nice if I decide I'd rather stick with my 5s (I know, its a sin haha). Anyone think they'll get it before Google Play orders arrive or will it be after like sometime next week (if it is announced and ready to order today).

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I work at Best Buy Mobile. Thoroughly checked our system the other day and came up totally empty. Nothing at all related to a Nexus 5. This probably has to do with the device being generally off-contract, then again if it is coming to Sprint on 11/1 as rumored, then there's a chance we could eventually have it. I'll check again when I go into work in an hour and report back, but I'm doubting we have anything even on the way as of right now.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nexus 7 from there when it came out and I got it a couple days early. Obviously it has to be announced but this seems like a weird announcement to me. No Keynote or presentation of any sort and just an announcement is what everyone is thinking. I hope this happens and I will likely buy this if it isn't more than $449 for a 32gb but I want to get it from Best Buy because of their 0% interest and rewards plus their return policy is nice if I decide I'd rather stick with my 5s (I know, its a sin haha). Anyone think they'll get it before Google Play orders arrive or will it be after like sometime next week (if it is announced and ready to order today).

I would bet 100% no

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lame...I won't get my hopes up but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Rumors say Amazon may get it today though and I'll probably order from there.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There's already another display for chromebooks in the store.

I'm just saying it's there. I believe it's for the phone. You don't have to agree, but that's what I believe. And I believe I'm right, but won't sweat it if I'm wrong.

I won't sweat it if I'm wrong either but it doesn't make a lot of sense for BB to stock this phone since they make their profits from tying ppl to contracts. Stocking this seems counter productive and even if they do stock it, it'll be roughly $500 or so and not worth getting in store.

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
I won't sweat it if I'm wrong either but it doesn't make a lot of sense for BB to stock this phone since they make their profits from tying ppl to contracts. Stocking this seems counter productive and even if they do stock it, it'll be roughly $500 or so and not worth getting in store.

I agree. I believe of they sell it, it would be priced closer to what Tmobile is going to sell it for at their stores than what the Play Store will. Probably in the $500-$600 range.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I believe of they sell it, it would be priced closer to what Tmobile is going to sell it for at their stores than what the Play Store will. Probably in the $500-$600 range.

Probably even more than what T-Mo does because T-Mo gets monthly payments from you when you buy from them so they don't need as much built in profit as BB does. This would actually be a first also since they don't sell phones that aren't tied to carriers. They have prepaid but it's not exactly the same thing as a completely unlocked/unbranded phone. I just don't see what BB would gain from selling this unfortunately. Although I'd love to stop there otwh and pick one up with my BB CC. I just doubt it'll happen.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just went to the local Best Buy stores and couldn't find any Google displays that I have seen pictures of on phone sites. Ask the Best Buy Mobil guy and he looked up and found nothing other that tell me they are getting a truck at 2pm but no clue if he gets Nexus 5. Then he ask me what carrier I was using and I told him I wanted a unlocked phone. He then told me Best Buy doesn't sell unlocked phones. No clue if he is right or wrong but I just left.