Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Yes me too.I can open them through drive though, just not through Quick office.
when i open quickoffice, i an browse my Google drive docs... but i can't open them. anyone else having this issue or am i doing something wrong? thanks

Posted via Android Central App

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site

I've found three issues so far (probably KitKat as much as Nexus 5):

1) On the Google Now screen of N4/4.3 the back button would return you to the screen you were at before (as you would expect). On the N5/4.4 the back button does nothing.
2) The activity arrows have disappeared from the WiFi and mobile data icons - I miss them.
3) I tried pairing my N5 with my Parrot CK3100 hands-free kit, and the hands-free ends up with an address book full of "30"s - not very useful.
The activity arrows are still present, but the only way to view them is to swipe down from the notification bar, click settings and look at the wifi symbol and you'll see the arrows.

russ5811

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

yes. i can open them through drive too. just not quick office.

Posted via Android Central App

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Seems like an update 4.4.1 is heavily required sooner rather than later. Not to mention what is beginning to look like driver issues with the intermittent WiFi issues.

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

So far, so good since I activated my N5 last night. Did anyone else get a 125mb update that appeared during initial set up? I didn't know a software update was already pushing out.

But here's my dilemma, albeit a small/minor one; the new google keyboard will not remember that it is set up to insert a period after a double-tap of the keyboard. It also forgets to insert a space after the period and capitalize the word of the next sentence. I had loaded the leaked APK's that released last week onto my S3 and the google keyboard had the same glitch on my S3 (I thought maybe that was because it was a leak and not a finalized version). Anyone else noticing this?

Albertus_I_am

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

No Data connection on T-Mobile. Browser goes directly my.t-mobile.com. All other apps obviously have no connectivity.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

No Data connection on T-Mobile. Browser goes directly my.t-mobile.com. All other apps obviously have no connectivity.

That's usually an indicator that T-Mobile thinks you don't have a data plan, and they're prompting you to pay for one. I will get that on my Nexus 4 if I forget to ensure I have enough money in my account for the next prepayment to go through.

Albertus_I_am

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Mine is a corporate plan and it most definitely has a data plan. I just changed my sim from the old Galaxy Nexus (working perfectly) to the new piece of junk.

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

I have a loose, clicking screen at the top when tapped likely - arranging a replacement before the end of the week. :(

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

For anybody that has RMA'd in the last 2 days - what are you being told for availability? I was told 2-3 weeks for a replacement device and I'm trying to figure out if they are just being conservative or if it will actually take that long.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

For anybody that has RMA'd in the last 2 days - what are you being told for availability? I was told 2-3 weeks for a replacement device and I'm trying to figure out if they are just being conservative or if it will actually take that long.

I did an RMA and that was on Tuesday. My replacement phone says ships in 2-3 weeks and my replacement order is set as pending. I had hoped they had held some back to issue replacement devices quicker than this, but not looking like that is the case.

iamyourdemize

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

My issue is that it get hot when doing the most simple tasks. Installing apps, browsing on chrome, and youtube. I understand that if I was gaming for a while and it will get hot but not when youre doing simple task. My co-worker stated that he does not get warm even after a hr of gaming. Read on XDA another person having the same issue as me.

This. This is horribly annoying and I would also love a fix. Also, how do you remove an email account? Am I really just missing something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng