Nexus 5 is hurting my hands!!

dontquixote

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I hold the phone with one hand while laying on my bed and the bottom corner of the phone digs into my palm.

I cant believe that I am the only one experiencing this.

I think the verdict is that i am a

p
u
s
s
y

...:-*

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not for the same reason but I do get what you are saying about discomfort. I got mine today and it's not as comfortable for me as my Galaxy S2 was. Gonna sound stupid but it just feels hard ? No other way to say that. Like the phone has no give to it... I don't know. It gets uncomfortable pretty fast though.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Try working for a living... And holding sharp and/or rough stuff... You sound like a *****

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I hold the phone with one hand while laying on my bed and the bottom corner of the phone digs into my palm.

I cant believe that I am the only one experiencing this.

I think the verdict is that i am a

p
u
s
s
y

...:-*

ROFL!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You might be one, but I think I might be one as well since I have the same issue. I have reasonably large hands but the lower corner that digs into my palm definitely feels sharp.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i will say the the G-Nex's rounded curved edges and slightly curved back felt more natural and comfortable in the hand than does the squared thin flat Nexus 5. although perhaps like an old shoe vs. a new shoe - i'm just not used to it yet. i do think that 5" display (or at least this size Nexus 5 form factor) is my max. anything bigger is too unwieldy - and i love big phone displays!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The edges are certainly sharper than any phone I've owned so far but it's not so bad as to cause any pain. I kind of wished they used the smooth, rolled off edges like the N4 but I'm enjoying the overall feeling of the N5 so far.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
But seriously it hurts your hand..........did you remove the little tape strips from the sides? Are you using it naked without a case? If need be get a case for it. The black should have the soft touch matte rubber backing and sides. The white has the soft touch matte back, but plastic black sides. I say you need a case as the sides where it meets the screen may be a little too sharp for your hand. You have to have like a hand full of calluses on top of calluses like mine to bareback this phone.

The white back is NOT soft touch.

dontquixote

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Finally, someone understands me.

You know what I mean right? My hands are fine when I use it with two hands or sitting in an upright position.

To clarify to other people: My hands hurt when I am using only one hand. (texting etc.)

Or when I am laying on my bed on the side using only one hand to hold my phone.

It doesn't necessary hurt as in it kills me but its pretty uncomfortable.

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I love how the sides are angled down to the screen. I think I actually like it better than the N4. I hold it with the corner sitting right beneath my thumb muscle. Its actually pretty comfortable. Though I wish the screen were smaller so I could more easily reach all of it one handed.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not really. But when I do, I do press sets with about 185.

You?

But I agree. I seems that I am the
P
U
S
S
Y.

6a00d83451f25369e2015391a31d78970b-pi

just kidding. I was up to 210 on my sets until my old age decided to remind me I'm old by first blowing my lower back out for the last 3 months after some squats I overtrained,, and now my shoulder has decided to follow suit. Haven't been able to hit the gym since, and I'm not a happy camper : /

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I received my Nexus 5 Black yesterday and have been playing with it for a while and wanted to get your opinions on the grip of the Nexus 5 Black.

I noticed that when I hold the Nexus with one hand it hurts my hands.. the side part where the screen meets the plastic side is really sharp for me.

I am coming from the Moto x and I have fairly large hands, not enormous but big enough..

Are any of you guys experiencing this problem or is it ony me??

The white Nexus 5 has different material on the sides so let me know what you guys think about the white too.. I might have to change colors if it gets too annoying.

:(:'(

I noticed last night that the corners dig in a bit, if you hold the phone with the edge resting on the fleshy part of the thumb area, it will get uncomfortable after a while. so it's not just you.

the back of the phone feels great though but looks nasty after some use, it collects finger prints/oil and doesn't clean off easily.

markp99

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Not just you. I have a similar observation.

Holding the phone in my right hand, the bottom right corner of the phone is SHARP and digs into my palm.

Looking closely, I see there is the smallest bit of a LIP where the backplate meets the body. Its either a small gap or a misalignment.

I plan to pop this phone into a case, so not a big deal. I suspect the sharpness might also subside a bit with usage/wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa