Help me please! Where to buy unlocked Nexus 5

Dani Feb

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Good evening!
I would buy a Nexus 5. I'll be in the USA within a couples of days and in the country where I work there is not the possibility to buy from Play Store and neither Nexus 5 will ever arrive in the shops!
So I ask you, as I am not US resident, if there is any possibility to buy it from a mobile store. I called Best Buy, they said me they only sell it for Sprint carrier (locked). I know that 2 days is not enough to seek a place where to buy it so I ask you some informations...
Can anybody help me?
Thank you a lot!

Danifeb

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Since the american Nexus 5 phones use different radio bands than worldwide phones you have a better chance buying from the internet (Swappa, amazon.com).

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

Dani Feb

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Since the american Nexus 5 phones use different radio bands than worldwide phones you have a better chance buying from the internet (Swappa, amazon.com).

There is a version that would works in my country.

Since you need it fast I would try craigslist.com and look in the city you will be in

I will travel to NY only december 10 so I've a month to wonder it. Just want to know if some shops will sell it unlocked.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
If you want to pay the extra $100 then go ahead. You should try looking at eBay or something that sells stuff online

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The only issue with ordering online through eBay or Swappa is that if the site requires PayPal, usually it must be shipped to a verified address. If someone is just visiting, they may not be able to actually place an order if the PayPal address has not been verified. Buying through a store may be the best option, and since many other countries are charging over $349 USD for the Nexus 5, $449 USD may not be too bad for them.

Dani Feb

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
The only issue with ordering online through eBay or Swappa is that if the site requires PayPal, usually it must be shipped to a verified address. If someone is just visiting, they may not be able to actually place an order if the PayPal address has not been verified. Buying through a store may be the best option, and since many other countries are charging over $349 USD for the Nexus 5, $449 USD may not be too bad for them.

You're right. Does US put taxes on the 349 playstore price?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint version is the exact same version as the Google play store. The one that best buy sells is not locked to Sprint. The uninformed Sprint and best buy reps will tell you it is. Now whether or not of will work in your country I do not know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dani Feb

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint version is the exact same version as the Google play store. The one that best buy sells is not locked to Sprint. The uninformed Sprint and best buy reps will tell you it is. Now whether or not of will work in your country I do not know.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So, do you think best buy sells LGD821 model?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So, do you think best buy sells LGD821 model?

Not in the US. The 820 model is the only one being sold in the US from the play store to US users and any retail store here. You would have to get the international model from the play store or a retail store in the respective country. If you want the international model, you're most likely not going to get it hear. You'll have to go on eBay or something and look for one. For a US model, go to best buy and buy it outright. Not sure where you are going in the US but delaware does not have sales taxes. And if you can get a store to price match the play store you can walk out paying 349 in total. Anywhere else, you'll be paying tax on top of the base price and if Best buy doesn't price match it'll be 449 + tax. Good luck.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the device is bought at full price at Beat Buy will they sell it unlocked? Or will they force you to get a line with sprint??

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the device is bought at full price at Beat Buy will they sell it unlocked? Or will they force you to get a line with sprint??

Well from what i hear best buy is going to say its carrier locked to sprint even though it isnt. Im sure they'll let you buy it for the 499 price tag but whats the point? if you live in the US just order it off google play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non