Affects of factory reset

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Nexus battery's become pretty sloppy out of nowhere, I've tried all the techniques to get my battery back up, but nothing... I want to reset my nexus back to factory because I've put a load of rubbish on here that I really don't need that showed it down. What o want to know is what will happen if I factory reset? And how do I do it through TWRP? I wanna completely clean my phone back to scratch, except from my ROM, Kernel and TWRP... I know how to back up my app data so that's not a problem... Will it delete my internal storage because that's one thing I don't want to happen... Any help is appreciated thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Nexus battery's become pretty sloppy out of nowhere, I've tried all the techniques to get my battery back up, but nothing... I want to reset my nexus back to factory because I've put a load of rubbish on here that I really don't need that showed it down. What o want to know is what will happen if I factory reset? And how do I do it through TWRP? I wanna completely clean my phone back to scratch, except from my ROM, Kernel and TWRP... I know how to back up my app data so that's not a problem... Will it delete my internal storage because that's one thing I don't want to happen... Any help is appreciated thanks!

A factory reset will wipe all of you data. Pics, apps, music, settings or anything that you downloaded onto it.
If you go into TWRP, you can go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > and select Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. It does exactly the same as a factory reset
You won't lose your ROM, kernel or TWRP

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset will keep your ROM, kernel, and custom recovery.

Just did that Thursday night for the same reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa