How many have returned/are thinking of returning?

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Now that a fair amount of people have had time with their devices, I've began to see many complaints. Some fair, some seem very nitpicky.

I personally am supposed to be getting my Nexus Monday, possibly today. And honestly, after reading through here and XDA, I'm already expecting to return it. I'm going to give it a chance, but being on AT&T Next, I don't feel comfortable keeping it for the long haul. I'm not 100% sure how warranty/insurance works on their end, but I don't think it's nearly the same as getting it directly from GPS or Moto. Either way, if these problems persist, I'll probably just get a G3 and wait for next year...

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You won't be able to pry mine away from me.

There seems to be two camps:

1. Those who primarily want a phone that happens to be Internet aware.

2. Those who primarily want a computer that happens to have a phone on it.

Camp 1 is more likely to return it.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't touch my iPhone 6 plus since I got my nexus 6 two weeks ago..I really love my nexus 6..:)

No problem at all..
Don't trust a lot of internet..some got complain even they don't have a phone..

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Now that a fair amount of people have had time with their devices, I've began to see many complaints. Some fair, some seem very nitpicky.

I personally am supposed to be getting my Nexus Monday, possibly today. And honestly, after reading through here and XDA, I'm already expecting to return it. I'm going to give it a chance, but being on AT&T Next, I don't feel comfortable keeping it for the long haul. I'm not 100% sure how warranty/insurance works on their end, but I don't think it's nearly the same as getting it directly from GPS or Moto. Either way, if these problems persist, I'll probably just get a G3 and wait for next year...

One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is reading forums before they get their phone. Mainly because you will start to look for the problems people are talking about instead of enjoying your phone.

Try to forget about everything you read, and just use the phone. It's a great device. All phones have their share of issues, and this one is no exception. But it's a beast of a phone, and every time I think I might return it I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

And if I do return it, it will be to get it from the Play store and not AT&T. I ordered from at&t before I knew it was going to be SIM locked, and have that awful splash screen and startup sound.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had some reservations before I received the device, but I'm (knock on wood) not seeing any of the issues being discussed in the community.

So far, the N6 has exceeded my expectations. Unless some major issue arises before Tuesday, I'm going to keep it.

Edit: 32gb MB from Motorola, encrypted with Samsung eMMC and DRAM (Sprint)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is reading forums before they get their phone. Mainly because you will start to look for the problems people are talking about instead of enjoying your phone.

Try to forget about everything you read, and just use the phone. It's a great device. All phones have their share of issues, and this one is no exception. But it's a beast of a phone, and every time I think I might return it I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

And if I do return it, it will be to get it from the Play store and not AT&T. I ordered from at&t before I knew it was going to be SIM locked, and have that awful splash screen and startup sound.

EXACTLY! I always say you can read reviews and forums but take everything you read with a nice helping of salt! The bad and the good never seems to be as bad or as good as people make it out to be!

That said I love this device.. it's just about everything I didn't even know I wanted and needed.....

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I guess. I tend to be optimistic, but I have REALLY high expectations for this phone. And I'm very excited, but trying to stay realistic as well.

I understand, as with ANY mass produced product, there are going to be defective parts. (I work at a factory and see this on a daily basis, don't buy a car with a Chrysler made 9 speed transmission). So I guess I should understand.

This is my first Nexus, and my second time with Motorola. I swore them off after my Droid 3 but a lot has changed lol.

I really can't wait, I check the tracking site every 15 minutes.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have always been a Nexus fan, and the nexus 6 is a well built phone. lollipop is awesome too . but I'm still returning mine based on it's just too big and the battery life is only so so. if the nexus 6 downsize the screen to 5.5in and better battery life, then I would definitely keep it. using an oneplus one now and loving it.

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I guess. I tend to be optimistic, but I have REALLY high expectations for this phone. And I'm very excited, but trying to stay realistic as well.

I understand, as with ANY mass produced product, there are going to be defective parts. (I work at a factory and see this on a daily basis, don't buy a car with a Chrysler made 9 speed transmission). So I guess I should understand.

This is my first Nexus, and my second time with Motorola. I swore them off after my Droid 3 but a lot has changed lol.

I really can't wait, I check the tracking site every 15 minutes.

People who post on forums are the vocal minority. For every one that has a valid issue or complaint, there are probably 20 who are completely happy.

You can't go off what people are saying. You have to experience it yourself.

I, too, am waiting for my phone to come in Tuesday or Wednesday and I can't wait.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My Beaty and the Beast Nexus 6 is flawless and will be keeping it. Just a few enhancements needed that Google may add in an update.

Led notification light----currently using noled app from market.
Would like to be able to put wallpaper on lock screen.
Tweak battery performance.

Ian B

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Beaty and the Beast Nexus 6 is flawless and will be keeping it. Just a few enhancements needed that Google may add in an update.

Ian B

Early adoption does have it's drawbacks.... but I love this monster!

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Early adoption does have it's drawbacks.... but I love this monster!

I hear you but recently turned 48 and have grown to have patience and most if not all will be addressed by Google. Done with the rootin scene to get a couple of features that break something and have to be flashing update zip files.

Ian ab

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hear you but recently turned 48 and have grown to have patience and most if not all will be addressed by Google. Done with the rootin scene to get a couple of features that break something and have to be flashing update zip files.

Ian ab

I did the rooting thing for years! Nexus 5 was first non rooted phone.. I am patient and know the device will only get better with updates going forward! I'm okay with the growing pains of early adoption...

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Ian B

You can't put a wallpaper on the lock screen? What?

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my first nexus device ever. I am liking it. The only thing that I don't like is twice now it have rebooted by itself but every time it comes back on it is downloading a update from the play store. Is this normal? Can this be fixed with a software update? Is there a option I am missing so the phone doesn't reboot if it needs to down load a update?

It seems to vlbe updates for one of the major apps like google services or whatever

From Nexus 6

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine and got the iphone 6+. Nothing bad with the phone but the iphone 6+ screen is simply beautiful compared to the nexus 6 which has more of an yellow tint to it. Camera on the iphone is superb compared to the nexus 6.

Also I felt lollipop is much better on my nexus 5. I saw lag while opening the phone dialer and even dialing numbers on the nexus 6. Some App icons look faded and stretched on the nexus 6.

I keep switching between android and ios and I am not really invested in any of the platforms. I just felt the iphone 6+ is a much better option than the nexus 6 for 100 bucks more. purely my thoughts...

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Only have 2 reasons that I even briefly thought about taking it back. Those reasons are because I have a ps4 and remote play (Z3) would mean no more sharing the TV. The other reason is because multi window (note 4) is a godsend and would be even better on this 6 inch screen. Other than that this is the best phone I've ever had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa