Want super low profile clear case for my Nexus 6

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty picky with cases. Most add too much thickness for what I need (grip and scratch protection, I don't need to drop my phone from high above the ground if I can hold on to it, but would like to be able to put it down on hard places without worrying too much), especially with a phone like the Nexus which is already big and I'd like to preserve the narrow bezel. I used to use skins for that reason, and still do with tablets, but with phones that go in and out of pockets all the time skins tend to come off.
The perfect case for me is this one they make for the iPhone 6: Robot Check
It was the 6th case I tried and the only one I kept. 0.6mm TPU, grippy and just thick enough to protect the iPhone's protruding camera and leave a lip for the screen. AND the buttons can be easily pressed and it does not overshadow the intrinsic design of the phone. I'm mentioning this case only because nothing like it seems to exist for the Nexus. Or does it?
I'm using my iPhone 6 more than my Nexus only because I have a case for it that I like and don't have to worry like with the Nexus that I'll scratch it up.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple of good options in the Shop Android store.
I just picked me up one from there and it is really slim.
Many more options out there.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Only got my Nexus 6 yesterday and was in dread of scratching or dropping it . I loath cases and am very picky too. Looking through Amazon etc. can be a pain in the arse. I liked the one on the play store so I bought it at a T-Mobile store today ,same price, certain its the same brand etc. Honestly I just didn't want to wait the few days to get it in the mail. I know what would have happened, a big nasty scratch no doubt. Would it offer much if I dropped it ?, hope not to find it. It's a personal preference but I do not like the huge rugged cases .

This case feels nice in the hand and I can see the phone branding ,when I like to see , not the case makers brand. Again,a personnel preference. The case fits perfectly, metal button accents ..

You can find it online under Case Mate clear N6 for I think $20...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...all?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=aT1czpo0

Expensive ?, yes ,

Posted via the Android Central App

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I also have the ringke fusion and I can't imagine a slimmer case that adds any protection.

I dont understand statements like this. Have you ever used a skin on your phone? They protect it quite a bit. In terms of resale value, I'd argue they give you 80% of the value of protecting it that a otter box would. Most damage to phones are small cuffs around the edges from just putting it down on rough surfaces, screen scratches, and even for drops onto concrete those skins can leave the phone undamaged because the phones themselves are actually quite sturdy. Think metal bezel. It won't dent easily but will scratch. A TPU case like the LUVVITT that exists for the iPhone is not only more attractive, grippy, and much thinner than the ringke cases, but it will also save your phone in 90% of the cases where the ringke would have (even better than a skin), while at the same time improving ergonomics.

Trust me I tried them all, many years of owning different phones and dozens of drops with all kinds of protections.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OtterBox has an e-mail sign up to be informed when they release their N6 case. Hope it's a Symmetry.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand statements like this. Have you ever used a skin on your phone? They protect it quite a bit. In terms of resale value, I'd argue they give you 80% of the value of protecting it that a otter box would. Most damage to phones are small cuffs around the edges from just putting it down on rough surfaces, screen scratches, and even for drops onto concrete those skins can leave the phone undamaged because the phones themselves are actually quite sturdy. Think metal bezel. It won't dent easily but will scratch. A TPU case like the LUVVITT that exists for the iPhone is not only more attractive, grippy, and much thinner than the ringke cases, but it will also save your phone in 90% of the cases where the ringke would have (even better than a skin), while at the same time improving ergonomics.

Trust me I tried them all, many years of owning different phones and dozens of drops with all kinds of protections.

Well then it seems that you know all there is to know about skins and cases so why are you here asking for input on a case