Thinking About Dbrand Skin BUT have concerns about it leaving any sticky residue when peeling it off

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Thinking About Dbrand Skin BUT

I bought and applied 5 different dbrand backs and one dbrand front to my phone. The front sucked hard. Not going to lie. You HAVE to use the screen protector they give you if you want to use the front dbrand application and it is super hard to get it all lined up correctly. It lasted about 3 days on my phone before I just couldn't take anymore and peeled it ofif. On a positive note, there was no residue left after I peeled both the screen protector and skin off of the front.

The back is VERY easy to apply. I have gotten it perfectly every time, usually on my first try. Only once did I have to pull off and re- apply. There is never any residue left on the phone after taking it off regardless of how long it's been on.

I didn't care for the front so didn't bother buying that. Love the back though.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Just tried and threw away a dbrand front skin for my Moto X 2nd gen. Used the hair drier and everything, slid inward on one of the sides. Maybe the back skins are better, but it'll be a while before I try again.

Posted via the Android Central App on my 5.1 X Pure

rigelic

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I have a dbrand skin on my nexus 6 and it can be frustrating to apply the skin on your phone perfectly. But I really like mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I was very tempted to try a new skin, great deal but I already have the Mat black on and love it.

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I also ordered one (the limited bamboo). Don't know why, pefectly happy with my black carbon and colored X. Guess, I'll change it up in a few months.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I also ordered one (the limited bamboo). Don't know why, pefectly happy with my black carbon and colored X. Guess, I'll change it up in a few months.

That bamboo looks nice. I didn't pull the trigger though. Kind of like my mat black.

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

That bamboo looks nice. I didn't pull the trigger though. Kind of like my mat black.

A member at xda stated that he regularly changes between skins and they are in fact good to reapply. So, I'm actually glad I got one of the bamboo ones ;)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

A member at xda stated that he regularly changes between skins and they are in fact good to reapply. So, I'm actually glad I got one of the bamboo ones ;)

I don't know. These Suckers stick pretty hard and don't let go easily heheheheh

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I think the fit depends on the phone you have. My Note 4 looks perfect with Dbrand skins but something intricate like the Nexus 6 would be a bit harder to get right due to the details.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I don't know. These Suckers stick pretty hard and don't let go easily heheheheh

The 3M adhesive they use is pretty tenacious... but it does not leave anything behind. I've never tried to re-apply anything I've ever had that used it, mostly because whatever it was got completed trashed trying to get the thing off.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the black carbon skin with the red carbon logo. Should go really well with my red Nillkin bumper. Can't wait.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Now that I've tried it out, they actually ARE reusable! They do look a little trashed as you take them off but as soon as you stick them on and use a hair dryer its back to new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez