Nexus 6 Sprint LTE Question

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just swapped back to Sprint from Verizon for business reasons and picked up a Nexus 6. All day long it has been very very spotty with the LTE in places I know for a fact the LTE coverage is great. It doesn't seem to want to stay connected to it.

Is it because it's brand new?
Or is there something I'm missing?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems to take a few days for the towers to "recognize" the microsim in it. I don't know why.
Where do you live?

Mav. :cool:

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just swapped back to Sprint from Verizon for business reasons and picked up a Nexus 6. All day long it has been very very spotty with the LTE in places I know for a fact the LTE coverage is great. It doesn't seem to want to stay connected to it.

Is it because it's brand new?
Or is there something I'm missing?
Just my thought...if you have not already done so, download the latest OTA Android update 5.1.1

It seems, from what I have read and seen, to fix the connectivity issues that the Nexus 6 originally had with Sprint.

Personally, I just got the Nexus 6. When the staff at the Sprint store first started up my brand new Nexus 6, the store rep was having trouble activating the phone and getting it to make a test call. Then the phone pulled down the OTA updated for 5.1.1, and as soon as the update installed, the phone connected to both LTE and cellular 1x just fine.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I pulled the OTA last night and it's been better here at home it seems. I can't really tell yet. The real test is tomorrow when I take it to work with me. Since my boss didn't want to help split my Verizon bill and I was constantly using my phone for work I had to go back to Sprint again. We'll see

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Well so far after a full day of work it has been less than stellar. I get used to phones quickly and that's never an issue for me. But the network has been really trying to ruin this for me. I have been constantly on 3g and have very rarely seen it hop to the LTE. From sprint's map it's supposed to be on LTE or even sprint spark for almost 90 percent of the area I have been in today. And yet I have had trouble loading things like maps for directions, instagram, facebook, even twitter which is usually blitz fast due to it being almost all text anyway. So I am gonna give it a few more days and then maybe take advantage of that 14 day exchange period. If I may be doing something wrong please let me know. I have preffered network set to LTE and have done a PRL update as per the Sprint reps recommendation so...I can't really see what I might be missing here.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, something doesn't sound right. How about 'update device config' which is found in carrier settings. Maybe a faulty phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well so far after a full day of work it has been less than stellar. I get used to phones quickly and that's never an issue for me. But the network has been really trying to ruin this for me. I have been constantly on 3g and have very rarely seen it hop to the LTE. From sprint's map it's supposed to be on LTE or even sprint spark for almost 90 percent of the area I have been in today. And yet I have had trouble loading things like maps for directions, instagram, facebook, even twitter which is usually blitz fast due to it being almost all text anyway. So I am gonna give it a few more days and then maybe take advantage of that 14 day exchange period. If I may be doing something wrong please let me know. I have preffered network set to LTE and have done a PRL update as per the Sprint reps recommendation so...I can't really see what I might be missing here.

Idk what it is man, but I got my Nexus from the Google play store, and it didn't play nice with Sprint for about a week or so. I would miss calls, VM's, SMS. No matter what I did, (wiping cache partition, factory reset, flashing new stock image) nothing would work. Finally after a week, it worked fine. I've had it since Nov, and its works great now. I have no idea why it doesn't play well with Sprint when it's first activated.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yours did eventually play nice though? I'm noticing the service is almost perfect in different areas today. It seems to be my house it doesn't want to play nicely with right now. I'm full signal like.... An entire county north

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yours did eventually play nice though? I'm noticing the service is almost perfect in different areas today. It seems to be my house it doesn't want to play nicely with right now. I'm full signal like.... An entire county north

Yea, it works great now. The first week was really rocky. I was about to return the phone or sell it, but it just all of a sudden started working great. Maybe the radio has to settle down, I could not tell you what it was, it just works amazingly well now. I had all the problems you had in the beginning, could not make a call after activation etc. Give it a couple of days, and see what happens.