Email notifications not working when connected to WiFi

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't get notifications from Gmail and Yahoo mail when I'm connected to WiFi. It doesn't work on my home or work WiFi. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues/solutions for this issue.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I too have noticed something like this too but it hasn't been notifications as much as it seems like it's not syncing. If I load the gmail app it will then download the emails or sometimes I have to pull down to refresh to check for new messages. Once I do that it will work for awhile and stop later again.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately it's not just gmail that's affected. There are a lot of posters on the Google forum reporting the same synching issues (lack of push) with other email apps as well as several social networking sites. I'm seeing it intermittently using K-@ Mail. I just realized I hadn't received any email from my personal acct, pulled down to refresh, and had almost a full days' worth of emails. The work acct also using that app received email normally for part of that time frame but one email from 6:00pm yesterday didn't show till an hour ago.

People already reported that the Gmail app fix didn't clear up this problem, even in Gmail. It seems to be more of a Google services issue?

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue Monday where I hadn't had any notifications for Gmail on my Pebble Time Steel. Suddenly 12 emails popped up on my watch. :/

Edit: This was via mobile internet and not WiFi

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I had a useless battery saving app on my phone, it stopped syncing emails, ie outlook Gmail and yahoo. Deleted it, back to normal.

Posted via the Android Central App