Google Play and UPS fiasco

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I screwed up BIG TIME...

I just moved to a different state a couple weeks ago.. I generally only use google checkout (wallet) for the Android market (google play).. and nothing else. So... I got really excited when I heard about the N7 release and hastily preordered one. Little did I know that I never changed my address in my Google Play info. I called Google customer support to try and change the address but they can't do it. They can't cancel the order, but they said they would try and stop shipment whatever that means.

I've had this happen once before and I was able to have UPS intercept the package and reroute to a different address. Will I be able to do this?

I just got my shipping info and tracking number, so I guess the stop shipment thing they were trying to do didnt work. The tracking number doesnt work yet, since I just got it a couple hours ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know if I will be able to reroute this package from Georgia to Florida?

Thanks in advance

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Sign up for MyUPS and once you receive shipping confirmation. You can request address change, it cost $5.00. By the way how did Google mess this one up? You were the dummy who forgot to update your address.

diana

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I screwed up BIG TIME...

I just moved to a different state a couple weeks ago.. I generally only use google checkout (wallet) for the Android market (google play).. and nothing else. So... I got really excited when I heard about the N7 release and hastily preordered one. Little did I know that I never changed my address in my Google Play info. I called Google customer support to try and change the address but they can't do it. They can't cancel the order, but they said they would try and stop shipment whatever that means.

I've had this happen once before and I was able to have UPS intercept the package and reroute to a different address. Will I be able to do this?

I just got my shipping info and tracking number, so I guess the stop shipment thing they were trying to do didnt work. The tracking number doesnt work yet, since I just got it a couple hours ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know if I will be able to reroute this package from Georgia to Florida?

Thanks in advance

If you're the receiver... Track with your UPS InfoNotice? Number (found above the barcode) and choose from up to four delivery change options:

Return to Sender
Deliver to a New Address
Reschedule Delivery -
Hold for Customer Pickup

Note: Prior to the first delivery attempt, contact the sender to request a change in delivery instructions or to correct your delivery address.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Sign up for MyUPS and once you receive shipping confirmation. You can request address change, it cost $5.00. By the way how did Google mess this one up? You were the dummy who forgot to update your address.

Yeah, it is my fault. I'm the one that screwed up. But I'm sure I'm not the only one this happened to. You would think Google would have a system in place where they could edit their address or cancel their shipment.

Hell, I caught it after 2 hours when I checked my status and they said I waited too long. It was a preorder! They should have been able to cancel it/change shipping info.

Thanks for the help guys!

Drapetomania

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Depends on when he ordered and when he called; Google wouldn't let people cancel for quite awhile despite not shipping or even having stuff labeled, which is ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds