Okay... sell me.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've got the money to spare. But, should I buy the shiny new Nexus 7? Why or why not?
Owners, dazzle me. Tell me whether I should plunge or not.
Thanks. :D

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe wait a month until the production defects are worked out better. I'm slightly disappointed with mine because the whites are over saturated and makes small text a bit hard to read.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you in the market for an e-reader form factor y/n?

Honestly NOT impressed with the screen at all but it is a 200 (250) dollar device. *shrug*

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have a burning desire for one, you should wait. Often, new models (computers, consumer electronics, automobiles, software) have some issues in the first release. With the Nexus 7, you have new hardware and new software in one package.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I love it. Best 7in tab right now. The price is great. I haven't had any problems. Guess I got a good device. Its the perfect size. Play sweet games, extra 10$ for Google wallet another 25 for the play store. I mean that's a good deal. No other tab will give u that lol. Plus its just something good to have when u need a screen bigger than your phone. I also
Like it because I can hold it with one hand. Oh updates or from Google. I had an update when I powered mine on.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks for all the info, guys.
I'm personally debating whether or not to get this or pinch a little more to get a more reliable phone from Virgin Mobile, an upgrade from my buggy Optimus V that everyone seems to have a great experience with but me :(
Or maybe Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, and Black Ops 2. Those look fun.
Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well if you don't get with a Nexus 7. I think a Galaxy Nexus phone on a pre-paid T-Mobile plan would be something to look at. It's not Galaxy S 3 for sure, but pretty nice phone at $350 without contract and Jelly Bean update has given it new life.

Reactions: Encerspay45

firenation112

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've used the BlackBerry playbook and the new iPad but I have to say that for the price this tablet is amazing its size and weight and its beautiful marriage of software and hardware makes it enough of a reason to buy. Watching movies is amazing and its default Google chrome browser is lightening fast and the amazing apps it has for you to utilise is really Phenomenal. Also taking notes on this is really good with its accurate and fluid keyboard. Also the ?15 credit you get is really good as you are able to jump into the play store and purchasing there vast range of content.

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Want to be sold on it. Go buy it play with it if you don't like it take it back.

I have a feeling you won't return...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You have helped me incredibly. Wow.
Thanks for the Galaxy T-Mobile lead!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

If I were able to I would get the galaxy nexus and use it on the $30 tmobile prepaid plan. Unlimited text, 5gb of unthrottled data, and 100 minutes of talk. I don't use more than 100 mins per month.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, maybe not. The only thing it really has going for it is the display. For overall usability, you might want to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus or the 7, 2. The new 2 comes with ICS. The only thing lacking will be the display. You also get a SD card slot and rear camera.

I'm not sure why, but the Samsung boots up faster, if that matters to you. It's also somewhat smaller, but not a lot. The screen may be lower resolution, but it's brighter. Plus Samsung doesn't seem to have the number of display issues the 7 does. That's almost certainly just growing pains though. Samsung is a mature product. The 7 is not.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well if you don't get with a Nexus 7. I think a Galaxy Nexus phone on a pre-paid T-Mobile plan would be something to look at. It's not Galaxy S 3 for sure, but pretty nice phone at $350 without contract and Jelly Bean update has given it new life.

I couldn't find it on the T-Mobile website, so I assume you are trying to tell me to buy it from Google and then activate on T-Mobile prepaid?
Sounds like a great option, really. Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find it on the T-Mobile website, so I assume you are trying to tell me to buy it from Google and then activate on T-Mobile prepaid?

Yep. Exactly.
Sounds like you need a phone upgrade more than the tablet :)

The Nexus 7 tablet is nice for couch web surfing in front of a TV, reading a book, etc. It's a lot lighter than the RIM Playbook or Nook Color/Tablet or Kindle so your wrist isn't as tired.
You can do that w/ the Google Nexus phone too, but text will just be smaller.

Reactions: Encerspay45

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
READ, its not someone here's job to convince you weather you should buy something or not.

Word of mouth, and user experience/feedback is a way better way to decide if a product is for you. Granted you can never fully know until you get it home and see for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
READ, its not someone here's job to convince you weather you should buy something or not.

Not exactly the nicest way to say it...

And that's not really what the OP is asking for anyway. He will decide himself, but is asking what makes the 7 so good over other choices. I'm of the opinion that there is no one best tab in all the world, but that the 7 is a pretty good tab for the money. There may be better devices out there but not many for $200.