Screen protector for your N7?

nlkccom

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you use screen protector for your Nexus 7? I'm debating should I get one for mine. I would hate to have any scratches on the screen. Any suggestion or recommendation?

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have owned 3 smart phones, a Nook Color and now a N7.

I had a screen protector on my first phone for about ten minutes. I didn't like the way it felt when I touched the screen.

IMHO, if you get a decent cover for your tablet, you won't need a screen protector.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
With my i-Blason case my screen sits recessed inside the case so I don't really feel the need for any extra protection.....I do use a screen protector on my Galaxy Nexus phone.

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Definitely get one.
I got 2 Nexi (one for me and one for my 8 year old daughter). Although she's not abusing it by any means, somehow she managed to get s hair thin scratch on the top of the screen, while I was debating whether to get one or not.
So immediately i bought a set of 2 and they are perfect.
Honestly, I don't even remember what brand.... Go on the Amazon and look for ones that have a hole for the camera/sensor. I got the "dry" applicable one since I don't like the soft-feel wet applicable screens.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
depends on how you're going to use it. If it's going to be in a sturdy hard case at all times, and won't get tossed around much, you probably don't need one. I bought an "anti-glare/anti-fingerprint" screen protector, which degrades the screen quality slightly but makes it easier to read outside.

but it's up to you. It seems like a lot of people don't use them.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I would always buy screen protectors and have them in my possession before I even got the actual device, lol. I was incredibly anal about it but not woth my Nexus 7. My N7's screen is naked and i love it like this!

I even have a Zagg Invisible shield on my iPhone which is definitely NOT invisible. Its got a nasty orange-peel effect, feels grippy and sh*tty and attracts dirt and gunk more than the naked screen. If it wasn't for the fact that I throw my iPhone in my pocket, sometimes with keys, I'd pull that crappy screen protector off immediately!

And that's my point: unless you are planning on throwing your N7 in you pocket/bag with keys or other objects that can scratch it, its not necessary to have a screen protector. Or you're letting a child use it, there's no real need for a screen protector in most cases.

I've had two N7's, with daily use that has replaced my two laptops, and I don't have a single scuff, scratch or mark on either of them.

That's not to say down the line I won't revisit the idea of a screen protector for my N7 but currently I don't want one and the ones I've seen are crappy or change the feel of the screen.

Just get a good case with a solid cover and you'll be fine. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87