Is A Factory Reset Recommended After The New 4.1.2 Update?

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
In my experiences with my HTC Rezound and my Nexus 7 a Factory Reset after a update was beneficial in many ways. It has been known to fix many problems and make everything run smoother.

My question is for any of my fellow AC members who know the facts: Is A Factory Reset Recommended After The New 4.1.2 Update?

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
To me, this seems unnecessary. I updated to 4.1.2, and everything is running swiftly and buttery smooth as it should. I did not do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Right on, sounds good!
I wasn't sure if this was a major update that would require such a course of action to produce beneficial results.
Thanks for your time and consideration :D

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe the old adage "don't fix it if it's not broke" applies here.

Your comment does not apply here in any way.
It's a VERY SIMPLE question aimed at people who know about this area of expertise.
You don't understand what we are talking about.

We are nice and supporting group of people here at AC so please save your negative comments for other website forums that will not be named.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a VERY SIMPLE question aimed at people who know about this area of expertise.

We are nice and supporting group of people here at AC so please save your negative comments for other website forums that will not be named.

Easy now. Thanks.

Regarding the question, no, you don't need to do a factory reset nor should you unless you want to redownload all of your apps :).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
In my experiences with my HTC Rezound and my Nexus 7 a Factory Reset after a update was beneficial in many ways. It has been known to fix many problems and make everything run smoother.

My question is for any of my fellow AC members who know the facts: Is A Factory Reset Recommended After The New 4.1.2 Update?

It can be a good idea after a major update, e. g. Gingerbread to Ice cream Sandwich. But a minor update like 4.1.2, I wouldn't unless you're having specific problems.

I know of no Google documentation recommending a wipe & reset after the update.

Now... HTCs are another matter. They are known for fiddling with Android to the point of failure.

Really?! Factory Resets work wonders some of the time when technical support reps don't know what else to try. N00bs and witch doctors frequently prescribe this to attempt to remedy a WIDE range of problems.
Here, I fixed that for you.

(Edited by chromejob)

anon(854666)

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi android4life007,
Sorry. I certainly didn't intend for the comment to sound negative. I have been involved with electronics technology for over 40 years and come to these forums with the intention of helping others with what I have learned in the past. The comment was made with the intention of saving someone from the unnecessary grief of re-installing all of their apps and customization. I do understand what a reset will do as I've have had to perform it many times on other devices. So again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
@SkullNokker
I apologize for the mis-understanding as well. I understand completely what you were implying, I am not saying in any way that we should do a factory reset for unnecessary reasons. I know how much people love to spend time downloading Apps all over again lol
Good day to you sir :)

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I had to get mine...Go to settings > Apps > All apps > Google Services Framework > Clear Data. Then update. It took 3 times for mine to find the update.
Thanks, I actually had to do this earlier today since it never came to me.
After the update my WIFI would not work. Thankfully all I had to do was a restart to remedy the problem :)

h3connie

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I got my update tonight via the clearing of framework (had to clear it twice) but landscape mode is still not working. Would a factory reset fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez