16gb or 32gb Nexus 7??

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I am planning on buying a Nexus 7 here pretty soon. I have a 10.1" ASUS, but my kids have pretty much taken that one over and I want my own tablet.

Right now I am debating between the 16gb and the new 32gb version.

I think I am leaning towards the 16gb version mainly because:

Price - Just dropped to $199
Movies - I really don't watch movies on my tablet. I MIGHT put 1 or 2 movies on there when I go on a trip, but they won't stay on my tablet for the most part. Might stream Amazon / HULU every now and then though.
Music - Not planning on putting music on it, I have my Galaxy SII and my Ipod for that.

Mainly I would just be using it for News, browsing web, maybe reading some, some games, etc.

What do you think, any real reason to go with the 32gb over the 16gb for me?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been asking myself the same question over the last couple days. I also have an iPad 64GB LTE, so this is something that will be lightweight for me to carry to appointments, etc. I chose the 16 because I think it's plenty if I don't put music on it, plus the price drop justified it. The extended warranty was also cheaper with the price drop. I paid $19 for 2 years of accidental protection at Wally World.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you answered your own question.

If you're not going to put many media files on it, or many of the complex games that can require more than a gigabyte of space, then save $50 with the 16gb model. If you have any doubt about those two things, then spend the extra money for the 32gb version. If you're 100% certain about those two things, than maybe even look for a discounted 8gb version and save another $50.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez