Problem playing movies?

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a movie the other day, it's an MP4 that plays perfect on my computer, I've tried playing it on the Nexus 7 and about 10 minutes in it starts freaking out, rapid fire changing pictures from within the movie with no order, the audio track is fine, following the order of the movie. I've tried playing it on both the MX Player and on the stock player and it does the same thing for both. Any clues what's going on? :confused:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If two different players are experiencing problems 10 minutes into a movie, and its happening in the same spot in the movie.. to me that sounds like a problem with the movie its self and not the apps or the device.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Delete the file on your N7 and then transfer it over again. Perhaps something was corrupted during the first transfer. It's also possible that the codecs, hardware, etc on your computer have better error correction capability than the N7 offers.

Last edited:

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Delete the file on your N7 and then transfer it over again. Perhaps something was corrupted during the first transfer. If also possible that the codecs, hardware, etc on your computer has better error correction capability than the N7 offers.

That's what I was thinking, it was acting a little weird during the transfer. Thanks!

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
MX player will always play any file fine on my n7 no problems at all, you sure it plays fully on the PC?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally did, same thing, same problem at the same time frame. For reference I checked the file on my computer and it plays fine, even played it to the same time just to see if it played past it. No idea why once it goes to the tablet there's an issue.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Some files have errors in them or aren't encoded particularly well. Some hardware and software is simply better at error correction than others. Some have better decoding capabilities. My guess is that your computer and software, likely being much more powerful than what our wonderful, lil' ol' N7 has to offer, is able to overcome the shortcomings of the file. If it's not a faulty file or encoding, it could just be a section with a very high bit rate that the N7 doesn't have the horsepower to overcome.

For kicks, assuming it doesn't make you stray too far from lazyville, you could install another media player like the free BS Player, which I use sometimes. Maybe it can overcome the problem area. Maybe not.

Or, if a friend has an iPad (gasp at the thought), try it on that to see what happens. That won't solve your problem, but if it works on your friend's iPad, it will at least make them feel better about owning an iPad, because we know those Apple owner have such low gadget-esteem.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress