Debating on buying now or waiting a bit...

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes they do. They prefer to keep high profit margins, but I think eventually it'll end up biting them in the ****. They make very good products and sometimes they're worth the price but other times, they're overpriced.

I have a full size iPad which I use all the time, but it's too heavy to use for reading in bed. The OG Nexus 7 is the perfect size for reading in bed or taking to church.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn because I have a Nexus 4 and not sure if it's worth the price to gain 2.3 inches in screen size? Does that really make a huge difference to drop $269?

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn because I have a Nexus 4 and not sure if it's worth the price to gain 2.3 inches in screen size? Does that really make a huge difference to drop $269?

Posted via Android Central App

It does make a difference. I use my new N7 for home use only and use my N4 when I'm away from home. For games and multimedia, the Nexus 7 is perfect size with a great screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought one from best buy this afternoon and have been playing with it all day. Have it here next to my OG N7 and its like day and night. Screen and resolution are crazy better. Build quality is much more solid. Went with the 32gb version (don't know why, I barely used the space on my 16gb).

Definitely worth the upgrade.

I had also tried to get a Chromecast but the dumb sales lady told me they were discontinued. But that a best buy across town had 10 of them. Gonna make that trip in the morning.

Sent from my New Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I would say there's no reason to wait to buy it. It's not like the price is going to drop anytime soon, for at least several months, and even then it won't be by much. keep in mind, google is making very little off of these tablets to begin with. they probably make most of their money from the nexus 7 by gouging prices between the 16 and 32gb models. they make most of their money from ad revenue, and their tablets are designed to increase their ad revenue by building a tablet around google.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for the LTE version. My wife will use it while commuting and since she is currently checking news and such I see no reason to get her a wifi only tablet. We actually have a couple of Nook Colors running JB and I have a Nexus 10 to play with at home.